• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
talking about stuff like this is still stigmatized so you might not realize how common it is.
I suppose you are right, I just thought about it and all 4 of the friends/ex friends I have considered my closest in recent times have all been in therapy at some point. In fact a lot of people I know talk about it, I guess it really isn't that uncommon. I've never been one who really "gets" therapy, because a lot of people buy it just to vent about whatever instead of going because they have deep inner problems they need help with, I guess I initially assumed it was uncommon because I tend to think only people who are mentally unwell are the ones getting it.
View attachment 71725

That’s… a lion. Not even an anthro lion, just a lion. How is that sexy?
It IS anthro, it has the human traits of smexy smile and half lidded eyes (also a lot of makeup). People seem to assume anthro always means bipedal.
I still don't know how people get their rocks off to anything non human though. My hunch is that movies like this affect a portion of the young developing minds who see it and their attraction develops abnormally as a result. Anyone I've seen who finds cartoon animals like this attractive always cites disney, balto etc as the origin of it. It's disturbing, but it makes me wonder if the designers were the same way, or if they were just storytelling a bit too much and didn't think that could be the end result.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
normalize speech impediments, normalize therapy, normalize acknowledging crappy parents, normalize stay at home parents, normalize video games as a healthy hobby, etc
the person who made that particular bingo board thinks these things aren't normal and therefore must be super young or super sheltered

also just bizarre boards like "25+ people in phone contacts"
I have 0 contacts. I don't save phone contacts
does that make me a less healthy person or something, I don't think so
this person's worldview is skewed from inexperience
I didn't expect you to actually explain your thinking, but you have some points. I especially like what Ketchup said about not having stuff like driving and financial independence. And the instrument thing, I remember thinking that would fall under healthy hobby when I was doing it. I disagree about video games being a healthy hobby, not to say that they're unhealthy, just that while they can be enjoyable, there's no inherent benefit like there would be to drawing or writing or playing an instrument or hiking or something like that. Also, I feel like destigmatize would be a better word than normalize in your post, especially for the first two, those are not things that a normal person will have to deal with, but that doesn't mean that there's anything shameful in having them, as long as you're trying to overcome.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I disagree about video games being a healthy hobby, not to say that they're unhealthy, just that while they can be enjoyable, there's no inherent benefit like there would be to drawing or writing or playing an instrument or hiking or something like that.
I would say there is, you have to actually think critically and expand your thinking to play one, to me it's on the same level as puzzles or the like.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I would say there is, you have to actually think critically and expand your thinking to play one, to me it's on the same level as puzzles or the like.
I mean yeah, some can be like that, but there's not really any noticeable result from playing any video games besides "Oh that was fun." All other hobbies have a result, be it a finished story, drawing, ability to play music, exercise from walking, etc. That's how I'm defining "healthy hobby."

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
It IS anthro, it has the human traits of smexy smile and half lidded eyes (also a lot of makeup). People seem to assume anthro always means bipedal.
I still don't know how people get their rocks off to anything non human though. My hunch is that movies like this affect a portion of the young developing minds who see it and their attraction develops abnormally as a result. Anyone I've seen who finds cartoon animals like this attractive always cites disney, balto etc as the origin of it. It's disturbing, but it makes me wonder if the designers were the same way, or if they were just storytelling a bit too much and didn't think that could be the end result.
Yeah.

But on the rest of the list like these two are just dogs, with the Disney artstyle and eyes. There’s nothing sexy about them, they’re just… normal dogs

C02CC8AC-2AE1-4799-B153-E207298385B6.jpeg

6E1AE347-B57A-40DC-8A6C-D58777C9EF9B.jpeg

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
F1zrOt4XsAAGa-G

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
there's not really any noticeable result from playing any video games besides "Oh that was fun."
I have 100% trophy completion for Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Elden Ring
some of this was undeniably not fun
all of it was a constructive use of my time
who is the arbiter that gets to go around deciding what is or isn't a real hobby
have you seen the trailers for the gran turismo movie? (It looks really interesting personally and you might like it just cause lol racing) I guess video games have no application beyond being fun though

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Yeah.

But on the rest of the list like these two are just dogs, with the Disney artstyle and eyes. There’s nothing sexy about them, they’re just… normal dogs

View attachment 71726

View attachment 71728
Not to linger on that topic but I did read the article and yeah it made no ****ing sense
There was no "explanation" as promised, almost all the characters are just... animals. 3 displayed human sex characteristics at times but the article didn't even show that so there was basically no case to be made
They could have at least called on Dixie or that stripper from the great mouse detective, pretty sure this author was bored and just wanted some quick attention because nothing in the article is logical

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I have 100% trophy completion for Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Elden Ring
some of this was undeniably not fun
all of it was a constructive use of my time
who is the arbiter that gets to go around deciding what is or isn't a real hobby
have you seen the trailers for the gran turismo movie? (It looks really interesting personally and you might like it just cause lol racing) I guess video games have no application beyond being fun though
I'll do you one better: My favorite NASCAR driver got his start in racing on Iracing. I'm well familiar with the concept. That's a bit different because it's technically not a video game but a simulator though, it's not like it's MarioKart.

Video games are just too new to really be established as some sort of cultural cornerstone or anything. Hardly been around 50 years.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Um it's Chevy, haven't you been paying attention??
I saw the trailer, the story is fascinating. Might be a movie I actually go into theaters for.

Anyways, I would consider it a healthy hobby because of the brain excerise it requires, but also, anything is a healthy hobby as long as it brings you joy and doesn't have a negative affect on you or others (or is something you obsess over excessively). It's just that some, like hiking for example, do have some extra benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom