• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I don’t know

Either way the Elemental movie looks predictable and bland as hell. Feels like a similar formula I’ve seen so many times. I like how the elements have different art styles though like the fire girl and water guy

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I’ll also say that the animation of Elemental looks great

But the trope of “Character doesn’t want to inherit the dreams that their parents/guardian want them to so they go on a journey to discover themselves and a new friend/lover helps them find out” is overdone, and has been done a lot in Pixar and Disney, like in Coco

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
48156329_u89F6EJJXOACJEp.png

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
I’ll also say that the animation of Elemental looks great

But the trope of “Character doesn’t want to inherit the dreams that their parents/guardian want them to so they go on a journey to discover themselves and a new friend/lover helps them find out” is overdone, and has been done a lot in Pixar and Disney, like in Coco
It seems like a paradox to discover yourself through a lover/helper, shouldn’t you find yourself first before falling in love or else the one that loves thee will not love the fully realized you?

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
They made a sequel like two years ago called We can be Heroes where Sharkboy and Lavagirl have a child named Guppy and her and these other super hero kids save the world from a tentacle monster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom