• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
FfOCCBGXwAMUxO-

:eyes:

guys i almost adopted another wasp.....

she was missing two of her legs on the her left side and she got up on my hand and i was gonna take her home and give her some applesauce...

but some kids on the walk home were super noisy and they scared her and she flew off. i do feel a little better for her that she can fly at least, especially since she cant walk very well, but idk what's gonna become of her; if she's fertilized or is going to survive the winter and start a colony... i mean survival of the fittest and all that but i still cant help but feel bad.

it would have also been a question of what to do with her in the spring, or even how to have her overwinter in captivity, cuz i might have had to put a wasp in the refrigerator and idk if my dad would have been cool with that lol

i was prepared for the possibility that she might sting me when she got on my hand but she didnt. dunno if it was her temperament or how i was holding her, or both, but im glad i didnt do anything to make her feel threatened when she got on my hand. at least when the kids made her uncomfortable she had the option to fly away so maybe the fact that i didnt have her *trapped* on my hands removed any impulse she may have had to sting..

anyway, im thinking about her now.. wish i got some better pics of her, she was peeking at me from the plant she was on, but the flowers cast a shadow over her face umu

here she is from the side
14e51b1ad1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom