• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

My basis for saying that adult animation should not exist is the fact that pretty much all of it is just full of adult humor, which is a huge no-no in my book. Sure, there could be animation with more mature themes, but pretty much all of it today is just mindless garbage
catching up on this backlog but i see the miscommunication here, and need to weigh in before i proceed

shows called "adult animation/adult cartoons" are derivative of cartoons that just entertain by being funny, not really for a story. so their being adult is adult humor. thats allowed to exist

but cartoons for ADULTS are not all... this. there are mature shows and shorts that are 2d animatied that address really mature themes and theyre not "funny" like that. at the current state, prrrobably more of this falls under anime because as goro said, animation just seems generally unexplored.

like a lot of media, most dont tend to try to branch out very much so any western animators that cover anything mature that arent ****post adult humor are probably indie animation studios who release stuff on youtube or something

well if you consider when they first aired, cartoons were made for adults before they were kids if you consider adults watched tv more than kids. but they were probably considered more like "family shows" because households only had one tv. at some point, people realized cartoons could market to different age groups, and theres cartoons for literal kids teaching them things, and theres cartoons for just adults. i really dont see an issue with that but also, you dont have to watch adult humor shows as an adult, so

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom