• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

i love gorb

he was my sage in miitopia also
2021060501543000-BE1AD9667CACC1E36CE22E56B692A651.jpg

i do like how the game does have like a nonlinearity to it and encourages sequence breaking but like theres a lot of thought about very certain upgrades needing to occur in a specific order like you need mantis claw for crystal dash and you need crystal dash for the double jump and acid swim. you need the double jump for the shadow dash

and you need either of the two spoilered things to reach important late game areas :goron:

and they will not let you do the late game platforming hell area without getting the double jump which is the last of the movement/platforming related abilities so like you cannot access it until you have all you need to do it

im gonna hyper analyze this forever. game design goals

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
It’s a really well designed game

And one I suck at. It’s not Celeste levels of deaths for me (especially those b-sides in Celeste) but I die so much. Thank you Jiji for being helpful and convenient

celestes graphics make the platforming look really hard tbh. ive watched some friends stream it and its sometimes a little difficult to tell whats stuff you can interact with and whats the background. like i dont think i would have the brain cells to process really complex platforming while at the same time needing to process the scenery

im sure you get used to it though. its a game ive considered picking up on sale for ages, but just have other priorities atm

Gorozoron

wild ride
I remember learning about it when I was like younger and Disney Channel XD had this weird ass show that was just actual Youtube Let's play videos and before ad breaks there was trivia questions to answer
One episode had a lady playing Celeste
and the videos in the show included like let's plays of like "mature" rated games
like they frickin put a let's play video of Duke Nukem Forever HOW
The Youtubers would also curse but they just bleeped it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom