• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
playing RF5 reminding me that I never actually finished RF4

:eyes:
I would always get distracted by planting/farming my legion of sweet potatoes or running around doing random crap that I only got partway through the second act

rf5 is making me want to replay frontier but god that game was so tedious and grindy. im glad the mainline games arent like that at least

it was weird though because like the story like branches off from the dungeons so like you go halfway through the third dungeon and then the story splits from it and i beat the game without finishing two dungeons

twilitfalchion

Staff member
huh, interesting design choice

after I finish 5 (which I don't think'll take as long? if only bc the game has yet to grab me like 4 did; maybe it will at some point) and 4, I would like to go back to the older games

if you like farming, 2 has a really interesting story but the first arc is literally just harvest moon and you cant progress the story at all until you get married and reee

3 doesnt really add anything to the greater lore but its gameplay is most similar to 4

1 is archaic as heck but still is my favorite cuz its pretty straightforward and the dungeon farming is the best in the series. and you can SLEEP in dungeons. only thing is like all weapons but one handed swords are virtually unusable

twilitfalchion

Staff member
sounds good
I'm not usually turned off from more dated game mechanics, but I'd probably go back to the first and work my way forward just to experience the series as it progressed (much as possible with 4 having been my first anyway)
maybe Tides of Destiny/Frontier as well at some point, but less priority

the dating mechanics arent really the problem tbh, but i just dont like required marriage cuz i kind of think of it as a postgame thing and its weird that its necessary to progress the plot in 2 and 3. the characters in the older games are drastically different than how they are now though, its pretty interesting how much that changed actually

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
i could put meta knights mask on my frog :goron:
CC54-BBD5-0-D21-4-BAF-8-D8-C-DE75-AB254938.jpg

Decided to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom