• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lake Theory

B

Bamboocat135

Lakes have been in hyrule for a long time. In almost every game there is a water area. It is usually in the form of a lake, river, or ocean if not all of them. Throughout the series there have been a lot of names for the lakes rivers and oceans of hyrule. In skyward sword we had the sand sea lake floria and the waterfall. In ocarina of time we had the zoras river, zoras domain, and lake hylia. These three areas were also seen in twilight princess. In majoras mask we had the southern swamp and woodfall. These are the main areas I will be talking about.

First of all in skyward sword there was the sand sea. It was a huge area of water that had turned to sand over many years. You could travel the sea by using a small moterboat with a timeshift stone to change the surrounding area into water. There was also lake floria. Lake floria was fed by three waterfalls and flowed down into a series of caves underneath the forest. The minute you landed in the lake you were sucked down into the caves. It was really more of a river than a lake. All through the river you met creatures that called themselves the Parella. Their faces looked sort of like a seahorse's head, but their bodies reminded me of the zoras. At the bottom of the river was a large cave. This cave is where you found the water dragon and outside was Floria waterfall.

There are several questions that I had when I played through the floria section of the game. Where do the waterfalls come from? Who are the Parella? What hapened to the water dragon in later games.

This is my opinion. A long time ago before the sea turned to sand, there was a dam. It held back the water from the sea so that it didn't spill out and flood other areas of the surface. Now to get to lake floria we needed to walk to the end of some kind of stone walkway and jump off into the water. I think that before the events of skyward sword there was a bridge. I have talked about this before. I believe that there were humans living in all three provinces before they were sent up to skyloft after demise escaped from the earth. In my opinion they lived where the deep woods are now. This could explain the giant chasm and the parts of the path that are missing. If the goddess brought these people up to skyloft then she probably took the ground up with them creating gaps and chasms where their village used to be. Anyway, these people would need a way to get to the Eldin province and since there didn't apear to be a way to the volcano in skyward sword I'm guessing that there was a bridge connecting the two provinces. There was probably a valley underneath the bridge. However somewhere between then and skyward sword, the bridge was destroyed, or, partially destroyed. It probably had something to do with Demise. The walkway to lake floria could be the ruins of that bridge. The bridge that held back the water in the sea probably broke and sent water spilling down into the valley. This created lake floria. I think the water dragon was already in her cave at this point because she needed a secret place to watch over the forest. When the water spilled down into the caves it created the rivers.

Then there are the Parella. They probably were created by the goddess to keep the water dragon company, or they used to live in the sea and came to the caves when the water did. Either way, I think that the Parella evolved into the zoras. In Wind waker the Rito tribe talk about the zoras. No-one else in the game ever mentions the zoras so many people think that the Rito evolved from them. This would mean that the zoras can evolve quickly which further proves that the Parella become the zoras.

I think that the three dragons all died. They were not immortal as we could see when the thunder dragon was sick. Because there was no water dragon to protect the people, the goddess created Jabu Jabu. Jabu Jabu the giant shark/whale thing could possibly have some connection with Levias the giant sky whale. Levias never died, but was possessed with a parasite at one point. There was also a parasite that possessed Jabu Jabu. He could either be an offspring or him himself.

If you look at the maps of ocarina of time and skyward sword, they are almost identical. When the people settled, they probably cut down some of the trees of the forest to create Hyrule field. The sealed temple probably became the temple of time from ocarina of time. The people fixed it up and built castle town around it. This would put lake floria where lake Hylia is in ocarina of time. It would put eldin volcano where death mountain is, and it would put the desert where the desert is. (The sand sea probably dried up further so that it was sand instead of sinksand. This would make the haunted wasteland in just the right place.) One more note on the maps. If you turn the twilight princess GAMECUBE map counterclockwise 90 degrees you get something that resembles the ocarina of time map, with the forest in the east, the lake in the south, the volcano in the north, and hyrule castle in the middle.

It is possible that when the people of skyloft came to the surface, they renamed the three areas lake hylia, death mountain, and kokiri forest. They must have remembered the old names though because later on in twilight princess, lenayru, eldin, and faron province come back. These three names clearly resemble the goddesses' names (Nayru, Din, and Farore).

Lets get back to the water areas. Zoras domain is a new area in ocarina of time. At first i thought that it might be the water dragon's cave, but that wouldn't make sense because they are in different locations on the map. It could also be floria waterfall from skyward sword. Anyway the zoras move into zoras' domain and have a secret path underwater that goes to lake hylia. Now for some reason even if we turn the twilight princess map sideways, zoras domain is the one area that isn't in place. I'm not sure why this could be but maybe they somehow moved their home. I don't think it's a new zoras domain though because it is almost identical to the one in ocarina of time (bigger maybe...).

Thank you for reading.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Anyway, these people would need a way to get to the Eldin province and since there didn't apear to be a way to the volcano in skyward sword I'm guessing that there was a bridge connecting the two provinces. There was probably a valley underneath the bridge. However somewhere between then and skyward sword, the bridge was destroyed, or, partially destroyed.
The disconnect between the regions was simply a game design trade-off. iirc, it was something like they weren't able to transition smoothly between them or something. Anyway, Gorko can travel freely between the regions, so it's certainly possible, even in the present.

many people think that the Rito evolved from [the Zoras].
This is confirmed.

This would mean that the zoras can evolve quickly which further proves that the Parella become the zoras.
This is affirming the consequent. "If the Parella become the Zoras, then the Zoras can evolve quickly. The Zoras can evolve quickly. Therefore the Parella become the Zoras." A->B doesn't imply B->A.

I think that the three dragons all died.
What of the Light Spirits?

If you turn the twilight princess GAMECUBE map counterclockwise 90 degrees you get something that resembles the ocarina of time map, with the forest in the east, the lake in the south, the volcano in the north, and hyrule castle in the middle.
lolgeography

It is possible that when the people of skyloft came to the surface, they renamed the three areas lake hylia, death mountain, and kokiri forest. They must have remembered the old names though because later on in twilight princess, lenayru, eldin, and faron province come back. These three names clearly resemble the goddesses' names (Nayru, Din, and Farore).
If a car is red as it enters a tunnel, and when it leaves it is also red, could one assume that it was yellow at some point inside the tunnel? "But I could see into the tunnel and it indeed turned yellow!" you might say. The regions were never mentioned in OoT, so we don't know their names. Things like Lake Hylia, Death Mountain, and Kokiri Forest are just locations within the regions. I'll give you that Eldin Volcano was renamed Death Mountain, etc. but it's safe to assume that "Eldin", et. al. persisted through OoT as the name of the region.

Also, I couldn't help but notice the abundance of "probably"s and "could have"s.

B

Bamboocat135

when I used the probably and could haves I was only making sure I wasn't saying things WERE a certain way when I wasn't sure. I thought people were going to say the opposite of what you said. Also while I was writing I thought the exact same thing that you did about the provinces staying the same through ocarina of time. I just thought a simple way to put it was that the people REMEMBERED the names. As for the bridge, it doesn't matter if there is a way to travel between the areas. There could still have been a bridge.

This is affirming the consequent. "If the Parella become the Zoras, then the Zoras can evolve quickly. The Zoras can evolve quickly. Therefore the Parella become the Zoras." A->B doesn't imply B->A.

...? all I was saying was that we see evidence that the zoras can evolve quickly. Using that evidence we find that the parella COULD HAVE become the zoras. That makes total sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Affirming the Consequent

Using the language of that article, P is the statement "The Parella become the Zoras", and Q is the statement "The Zoras can evolve quickly." You're affirming Q - that is, you're showing that Zoras can indeed evolve quickly (by showing the evidence from WW). But P is not the only sufficient condition for Q. Just because they evolve quickly doesn't dictate that it must be because they evolved from the Parella. Using the same evidence from WW, we can see that their evolution to Rito is also sufficient to show that they can evolve quickly. Therefore nothing can be said about the Parella using this argument.

Some better inductive arguments might involve things like habitat and Occam's Razor. The Zoras' capacity for speedy evolution might be used to counter the argument that too little time passes, but it can't be used as an argument by itself.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
...? all I was saying was that we see evidence that the zoras can evolve quickly. Using that evidence we find that the parella became the zoras. That makes total sence.

While I agree that the Parella eventually became the Zora, the fact that the Zora became the Rito does not prove that. We saw the Zora become the Rito, yes, but that has no bearing on the Parella.

The change in location for Zora's Domain between Ocarina of Tme and Twilight Princess could just be the Zora's finding a more suitable home. The Zora's Domain in Ocarina of Time is pretty small and in Twilight Princess, they have a much, much bigger population. It stands to reason they would have needed a bigger home. It's possible their cliffside domain was carved sometime between the two games.

It could also be possible that the new domain was given as a gift. After Link informed Zelda of Ganondorf's intentions before going off to his Majora's Mask adventure, it's highly likely there was a war throughout Hyrule (I say this so often it's starting to sound ridiculous). During Ocarina of Time, the guard in the alleyway tells us they tried to fight off Ganondorf's forces, but clearly they failed. Perhaps the King of Hyrule had to enlist the help of the other races to fight off Ganondorf. In Twilight Princess, we see that the Zora clearly have some form of military force, since they have guards with helmets and spears. It's possible this military is a remnant of that war. Since the Hylians and associated races were victorious, perhaps the King rewarded their help in some way, like perhaps giving the Zoras claim to the waterfalls that make up Zora's Domain in Twilight Princess. Indeed, maybe the larger habitat is what led to the Zora's population increase.

Just throwing out a couple of possibilities about why the location changed.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
maybe the bridge went somewhere else then

Wait a minute, wasn't Ordona separated from Faron by a huge chasm with a bridge, could it be that the bridge connected to that province,if you tilt SS map clockwise slightly it is in the exact same place, if the waterfall dried out then it would make complete sense, the only problem is that it assumes that the waterfall dried up which is not confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom