• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Koroks featured = no Zoras (plus other races)?

On the topic of oceans. What we do see from E3 gameplay footage is collectable rock salt, the description of which is 'from an ancient sea'. That could point to the game actually being post flood and the sea being drained.

One theory is that this takes place in a Hyrule where Ganondorf got his wish at the end of Wind Waker and exposed the land again. Alternatively the sea could have just dissapeared over time.

As much as I want this game to be between OoT and WW, it may be more likely ofnit being post WW... I do remember that the reason for the Koroks planting trees on the islands all over the Great Sea was so that the trees roots would soak up the water and rid the world of the flood...

Which is the exact kind of lame-ass reasoning Zelda has relied upon for quite some time now, so something as flimsy as that will probably make BotW fly...

Still, better than the reasoning behind TFH

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
As much as I want this game to be between OoT and WW, it may be more likely ofnit being post WW... I do remember that the reason for the Koroks planting trees on the islands all over the Great Sea was so that the trees roots would soak up the water and rid the world of the flood...

Which is the exact kind of lame-ass reasoning Zelda has relied upon for quite some time now, so something as flimsy as that will probably make BotW fly...

They never wanted to soak the ocean up but to join the islands "Forests hold great power: they can change one tiny island into a much larger island. Soon, a day will come when all the islands are one, connected by earth and grove. And the people who live on that great island will be able to join hands and, together, create a better world. Such is my dream." - Deku Tree

We see in BoTW that is not the case as the Hyrule appears to be the one from OOT.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Our world used to almost completely be flooded. The water then receded as land masses formed and congregated.

It's the exact same concept but with Hyrule in BotW.

They never wanted to soak the ocean up but to join the islands "Forests hold great power: they can change one tiny island into a much larger island. Soon, a day will come when all the islands are one, connected by earth and grove. And the people who live on that great island will be able to join hands and, together, create a better world. Such is my dream." - Deku Tree

We see in BoTW that is not the case as the Hyrule appears to be the one from OOT.
This can be further evidenced by The Great Deku Tree stating that the reason the trees that the Koroks planted aren't growing is because of Ganondorf's evil magic; if the Koroks were trying to soak up the ocean with trees (because that's how things work apparently), Ganondorf wouldn't try to prevent this, he would try to encourage the growth of the trees so he could get his kingdom back faster and without the use of the Triforce.

I think we will see Zoras, because there's a huge costal region and the makers likely wanted Zoras to be in the game because Zoras are neat, and I think they are purposefully taking a dump on all that bull**** timeline nonsense and doing whatever they want without being constrained by some arbitrary, ad hock timeline garbage.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I think we'll see the koroks turn into the kokiri or something and the rito into zoras. I saying this with those wall engravings in Hyrule Castle town in TPHD in mind.

VitaTempusN92

No, It was never revealed, but I think this would take place after TP but before WW in the timeline.

Huh? How does this make any sense at all? TP and WW don't even fit in the same timeline. Also, due to the state and form of the Temple of Time, plus the presence of the Goddess Statue, there's no way that BotW is going set after TP.

Huh? How does this make any sense at all? TP and WW don't even fit in the same timeline. Also, due to the state and form of the Temple of Time, plus the presence of the Goddess Statue, there's no way that BotW is going set after TP.
I honestly think it's possible that, even the with remains of what appear to be Castle Town and the same 3 spires from the Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time, this may not be the same Temple of Time we saw in Ocarina of Time. Nintendo even released a video recently of panoramic views of the Temple of Time, with the description stating "does this seem familiar?", which is clearly pulling on the nostalgia heart strings of the kids who grew up on Ocarina of Time. It could be such a massive bait and switch if they just pulled out and stated there were two Temples of Time like in Skyward Sword or something. Heck, if you look at the Master Sword's chamber in Breath of the Wild, it looks incredibly similar to the Sacred Grove in aLttP (and to a lesser extent, TP); It even has the 3 flowers from aLttP.
the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-a-link-to-the-timeline-a-rusted-master-sword-1021918.jpg

006.png

VitaTempusN92

I honestly think it's possible that, even the with remains of what appear to be Castle Town and the same 3 spires from the Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time, this may not be the same Temple of Time we saw in Ocarina of Time. Nintendo even released a video recently of panoramic views of the Temple of Time, with the description stating "does this seem familiar?", which is clearly pulling on the nostalgia heart strings of the kids who grew up on Ocarina of Time. It could be such a massive bait and switch if they just pulled out and stated there were two Temples of Time like in Skyward Sword or something. Heck, if you look at the Master Sword's chamber in Breath of the Wild, it looks incredibly similar to the Sacred Grove in aLttP (and to a lesser extent, TP); It even has the 3 flowers from aLttP.
the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-a-link-to-the-timeline-a-rusted-master-sword-1021918.jpg

006.png

I doubt it! They wouldn't build a new Temple of Time that looks exactly like the one in OoT after TP, a time period where most people by then have forgotten what the Temple of Time in OoT's era even looks like! And I actually see that the "does this seem familiar?" question could just be an indication that this is the same Temple of Time from OoT! They've this kind of thing before with other games.

Also, the sheikah of that time know too much about Hylia as a goddess for this game to set so far in the timeline after TP. And the goddess statue looks too much like the one from SS for the game to set too far after SS.

Plus, not mention that Epona doesn't even seem to really exist yet in BotW. As Miyamoto teased us in VGA 2014 that Epona would be returning, but we only see Link claiming random horses in the wild. Which suggests this is the origins of Epona. So the game can't set after even MC, since Epona already exists as an establish character in MC.

And why would anyone after TP, suddenly decide out nowhere to build a new Temple of Time, and know exactly how to replicate the exact form of OoT's Temple of Time. The same definitely applies to after Zelda II, since OoT's Temple of Time is so long gone and forgotten.

Like, literally, no one in TP's era or Zelda II's era even knows or remembers exactly what OoT's Temple of Time looked like! So there's no way a new Temple of Time after TP or Zelda II would look exactly like the one from OoT!

Then, finally, if they were building a new Temple of Time, why didn't they move the Master Sword the new Temple of Time like they did in SS? I feel like that this Temple of Time is the same one from OoT and the reason there's no Master Sword Chamber is because it hasn't been built-in yet and the temple's role as a community castle town church where people go to pray to goddess Hylia, which didn't happen in OoT's era. Why? Because Hylia as a goddess was long forgotten in OoT's era.

Speaking of castle town, watch this video by Zeltik:

Yeah, that Temple of Time, without a doubt has to be the same one from OoT! Now to explain why the Temple of Time is in ruins in BotW but intact in OoT. Well, it's that simple:

1) BotW is set in the Era of Chaos, after the Triforce had just been sealed away, which is the Triforce doesn't seem to be present of even mentioned in the game so far. So of course the Temple of Time is going to be damaged as the Calamity Ganon, a curse of hatred that has befallen Hyrule, is trying to reach for the Triforce, which is sealed in the Sacred Realm. So the Calamity is trying to possess an use vessels like the former king (the old man) to reach the Triforce gain the power to become a powerful person and ruler of Hyrule with the Triforce. But to that, the possessed former king needs Link's help to gather the spirit orbs in order prove himself worthy of the Triforce of Courage. I know the former king has to be possessed since there's evidence prove that the old man is the king of Hyrule, but yet he has the eyes of Ganon, which tells me he's definitely possessed.

2) People can always repair damage and rebuild. This backed by the fact that in OoT, the Temple has a Master Sword chamber and altar mentioning the Hero of Time, The Song of Time, and the Spiritual Stones, while in BotW, that chamber and altar aren't even present, suggesting that the Hero of Time wasn't even a thing yet in BotW's era. So evidence is proving that BotW's version of the Temple of Time is without a doubt an earlier version of OoT's foundation of the Temple of Time.

3) Time Travel is most likely is going to play a key role here in order to get a good ending, where Calamity Ganon was stopped before Hyrule went to ruin and waste.

4) I believe of those flowers to be somehow connected to Hylia and maybe even koroks which explains why the forest spirits are in the form of koroks in this game and not the kokiri, at least, not yet. I believe we will see the koroks evolve into the kokiri when all the sidequests involving them are complete. Especially when those flowers are planted around the Master Sword, to restore the Master Sword to it's good condition again, which is likely needed in order to travel through time.

So with all that said, this game has to be before OoT!

Pen

The game is on!
So I guess what I'm asking is, does the inclusion of the Koroks, make you wary of now not seeing your favourite race, whichever that may be, in BotW?

Not at all. On the contrary in fact. My favourite race in all of Zelda is the Rico tribe. I would be so happy to see them again in a new game. With Koroks bring confirmed for BotW, there's a chance we'll see Ritos in the game too, and I'm really keeping my hopes up for that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom