• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Items First?

Whenever I play LoZ, I find it interesting, and utimately much easier, to go around to all the dungeons collecting just the items, and then once i have gotten everything, to then go back and fight the dungeon bosses for the triforce pieces.

I've become tempted to do that with AoL as well, but before I start, I wanna get some opinions on my proposed mission. Does anyone know what effect doing things that way might have on the playthrough? Will it be easier in the end as I'm hoping, or could some places be just too hard?

Thoughts?

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
i really think not, because the items do not help you. But it would open up the world map, so it is up to you. it would let you get around easier and get all the spells, so maybe yes. I have not tried it this way, so i would reccomend doing it normally first.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Really, the items only help for traveling around the overworld (except the cross, which allows you to see the invisible ghosts). I suggest that you just go through the dungeons as they come. But now that I think about it, you could do this if you want for the magic spells, but I still would do what I talked about previously.

Big Octo

=^)
You need the items to progress through the overworld to get to new dungeons. So no, AoL cannot be played how you did LoZ. Although you can collect some, but not all, spells by this method.

Nah.
Everyone else has already gave the reason why, so I won't repeat it.
The game's hard enough, why go through all the palaces twice? :P

i really think not, because the items do not help you. But it would open up the world map, so it is up to you. it would let you get around easier and get all the spells, so maybe yes. I have not tried it this way, so i would reccomend doing it normally first.

I've done it the normal way a few times, and it's getting kinda old. I need a new challenge. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom