• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Isn't TP on the Adult Timeline?

AaronX

One who sits
[correct me if I'm wrong]At the end of OoT, the sages transport Ganon to where the Mirror of Twilight is to seal him. BUT! In TP, it shows Ganon kicking the Sages' butts when they try to seal him, thus indicating that he wasn't sealed, allowing him to stay alive. :(

Obviously, this would make TP on the Adult Timeline. Am I missing something?

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
Actually, it's really confusing with the placement of TP.
Mainly due to all the references to the hero of time.
Maybe Nintendo was just teasing us. :P

[correct me if I'm wrong]At the end of OoT, the sages transport Ganon to where the Mirror of Twilight is to seal him. BUT! In TP, it shows Ganon kicking the Sages' butts when they try to seal him, thus indicating that he wasn't sealed, allowing him to stay alive. :(

Obviously, this would make TP on the Adult Timeline. Am I missing something?
How does that make you think it's on the Adult Timeline?! Twilight Princess fits perfectly on the Child Timeline after Majora's Mask, as it is confirmed to to be.

And Ganondorf WAS sealed. He may have killed the Sage of Water, but the Sages still trapped him in the Twilight Realm. Have you even played the game? Here's the scene...

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
At the end of OoT, the sages transport Ganon to where the Mirror of Twilight is to seal him.
By this statement you mean the CT ending? (the AT ending has him sealed in the SR.)
BUT! In TP, it shows Ganon kicking the Sages' butts when they try to seal him, thus indicating that he wasn't sealed, allowing him to stay alive. :(
He was sealed. Also, the sages only ever attempted to seal him in the TR on the CT. On the AT he was sealed in the SR and there was no trial.

not to mention the numerous developer quotes we have regarding TP's placement
and OoT-TP-WW doesn't work at all

TP takes place in the Child Timeline. The most suggestive evidence to support this is the cutscene Tyeforce posted above.

In the Adult Timeline, Ganondorf is sealed in the Sacred Realm. Link is sent back to his time, before Ganondorf acquires the ToP, and Link warns Zelda of Ganondorf's intentions before they're carried out (hence the ending scene of OoT).

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
So at the end of OoT, Link was sent back to his time, where Ganondorf was not captured yet. He explained the situation to the King, as sent Ganon for execution (which is for some reason in the Desert). Now, Ganon escapes and regains power. WW, which is the parallel to TP, explains how Ganon was sealed, meaning Link didn't go back in time in this alternate universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom