• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is TP Zelda the Same Zelda as OoT Zelda?

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
TP takes place 100 years after OoT- And according to the manga, the Zelda in TP is a reincarnation of the one in OoT (now I know the manga isn't canon to the games, but it does go further into detail about some things and I believe it is still a good reference for Nintendo canon, especially considering Nintendo themselves suggested some of the extra details). TP Zelda doesn't realize who she was before until reading a book of Hyrule's history and then remembers OoT's events and her past life when she realises she wrote the book herself. I'll take some pictures of the dialogue though, because I'm not 100% sure whether TP Zelda is OoT Zelda or if she simply gains OoT Zelda's memories from being connected through the triforce.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
TP takes place 100 years after OoT- And according to the manga, the Zelda in TP is a reincarnation of the one in OoT (now I know the manga isn't canon to the games, but it does go further into detail about some things and I believe it is still a good reference for Nintendo canon, especially considering Nintendo themselves suggested some of the extra details). TP Zelda doesn't realize who she was before until reading a book of Hyrule's history and then remembers OoT's events and her past life when she realises she wrote the book herself. I'll take some pictures of the dialogue though, because I'm not 100% sure whether TP Zelda is OoT Zelda or if she simply gains OoT Zelda's memories from being connected through the triforce.
This ties into a theory/headcanon I have that Tetra doesn't remember being Zelda after the events of Wind Waker. Like, Zelda locked a part of herself away to only be unlocked by she who would assist the Hero of Winds in his fight against Ganondorf. Tetra was the descendant of Zelda who did that, and once Ganondorf was dead, the part of her that was Zelda was forgotten.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The sealing away in TP is different than in OoT. In OoT, Link was sent back in time after defeating Ganon which means Ganon was effectively not sealed in OoT as the events never happened because time travel stories get paradoxical.

Also, TP takes place many years after OoT. So far after that HoT Link is dead. I think it’s also safe to assume that Zelda is not immortal and would either be really old, like SS Impa or dead, and the bloodline passed on to a different Princess born with the same fate as those that came before.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Here are the pictures from the manga. Ganondorf implies that the Zeldas are not the same, but then Zelda corrects him (I think. I can find the manga a bit confusing at times...) But I know the authors are trying to tie it in with their OoT manga from '98, because Zelda has a flashback to a panel that's from the OoT manga (Should have taken a picture of that too, come to think of it, but whatevs). Sorry if the pictures aren't the best quality, I had to scale them down to upload. PS, the pages are ordered 4,3,2,1 because you read them from right to left.
wPage4.jpgwPage3.jpgwPage2.jpg
wPage1.jpg
So according to this canon at least, TP Zelda is the reincarnation of OOT Zelda.

This ties into a theory/headcanon I have that Tetra doesn't remember being Zelda after the events of Wind Waker. Like, Zelda locked a part of herself away to only be unlocked by she who would assist the Hero of Winds in his fight against Ganondorf. Tetra was the descendant of Zelda who did that, and once Ganondorf was dead, the part of her that was Zelda was forgotten.
I can see that being true, I don't know a ton about Wind Waker myself though. I've heard the same thing about Zelda and Shiek too, so it seems to be an ongoing theme for Zelda.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I've been confused about this for some time, now. I've never played Twilight Princess, but isn't there a cutscene where Ganondorf is being killed/sealed by the seven sages? That happens in OoT, too, and Zelda is there in both.
different scenes, twilight princess is a century after ocarina of time

it's probably better to wait to play the game or watch a playthrough to get some of those answers yourself

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Reeee why do you persist

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
Following the events of OoT, Link went back to his childhood and warned that Zelda of what was to come. That Zelda was able to arrange for Ganondorf's execution. The execution failed, and he was sealed in the Twilight Realm. A long time passed with him trapped there before the events of TP. So no, not the same Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom