• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is there anything you always wanted to do but never got the opportunity?

Any dreams or wishes or life goals. Anything at all that you wanted to do either by off chance or something that's been in your head for decades. Maybe if you want you could share why you didn't do it. But that's totally up to you if you share that info.

I guess I'll start.

I always wanted to play the drums or paino. Weird choice as neither go together. I never liked guitar music (acoustic or electric) all that much, I still don't today. I prefer electro/dance and similar as well as paino pieces from classical to now.

I will say my body does not make me suited at all to play either. My hands are way too small to make paino playing easy. Even now, I know some children with bigger hands than me. Sure smaller handed people can play the paino but you have to be mad with that pedal and it's just not the same.

For the drums, well that's obvious. I'm of the skinny build, totally not suitable to be a drummer. I don't have the huge arms required. Also keeping your legs really fit is surprisingly required for drumming too. I am relatively fit, but my body is jsut not built to survive that kind of, well abuse for lack of any other word.

I did play the clarinet as a child but I gave that up. I was good and also bad at it. I could play the 2nd clarinet role just fine but the upper registers I sucked at. I owned the standard b flat clarinet.

Now however I am too old and don't have the time to invest in learning an instrument. So I just consume the content that others create.

These days I use the pen to make my mark, not musical sound. I go into battle for my local area to make sure it's local council starts treating us all properly. Clean up the local government corruption so to speak. I also have a lyric writing diary. Something I should get back into as I've been a little busy/lazy on that front.
http://thetastytunes.wordpress.com
Shameless plug I know but I don't care if a thousand people or zero people read it. It's there as my release and positive way to have an outlet. If anyone else gets enjoyment out of it, I'm very grateful for that, but that's not it's primary purpose.

I also am a part of Toastmasters - public speaking organisation that is world wide now. So far I've been a part of this for 2 years and now I can give a speech of length anywhere from 2 minutes to 15 muntes and beyond without notes and I nonger sound like a train wreck when I speak liek I used to. I stared this shortly after my 30th Birthday so I could be able to speak when I ran for local council. I didn't win but I was glad I ran.

/rant over.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I would love to have played piano. I wish I hadn't gone through equine studies before finding veterinary nursing.

Ninja

Well well well
A couple of posts have been removed. Please make sure we take a page from the rule book and ensure we are treating others with respect, and not engaging in any behavior that may entice trolling/baiting. Thanks all.

As for the question, yes! I played football all through high school, and was scouted by a few local colleges. By the time my senior year came, I got tackled and it absolutely shredded my knee, I could never play at the same level again. If I could turn back the clock and avoid that injury, who knows what could have happened. Damn you, life.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'd have loved to learn the saxophone, but since I took a more brass instrument kind of path, I don't think I will ever play sax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom