• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Is the Wii Motion Plus Needed?

Okay, I was thinking about getting Skyward Sword for Christmas and I was wondering if the Wii Motion Plus is actually needed for the game or not. If I do need it, how much does it cost nowadays? I really hope it isn't that expensive.

Sheik

:the:
Yes. It's needed. Also, some controllers have it built in, so you can get either the add-on or the controller. They're probably pretty cheap nowadays.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Yes. It's needed. Also, some controllers have it built in, so you can get either the add-on or the controller. They're probably pretty cheap nowadays.

Last I checked, they stopped making/selling the add-ons. Don't know if they restarted, but if not, the only option is to buy those with the WM+ built in.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Yea, I'm not sure if you can find the accessory in stores now. You could still order it online though probably, like from Amazon. It may be more costly, but I recommend getting a Wii remote with the motion plus built in it rather than the accessory. I found that after an extended period of time of removing the attachment to change the batteries in my Wii remote, the accessory stopped working correctly.

Yea, I'm not sure if you can find the accessory in stores now. You could still order it online though probably, like from Amazon. It may be more costly, but I recommend getting a Wii remote with the motion plus built in it rather than the accessory. I found that after an extended period of time of removing the attachment to change the batteries in my Wii remote, the accessory stopped working correctly.

Meh, I can order it online with no problem. And from what you've said here, then I may have to get the Wii remote with the built-in Wii Motion Plus.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Meh, I can order it online with no problem. And from what you've said here, then I may have to get the Wii remote with the built-in Wii Motion Plus.

Even if you have to go a Wii Remote Plus, it isn't bad. Just make sure you check all possible online retailers. Trust me aye, there are places like http://www.bullmoose.com that sell stuff for really cheap, although idk if they do WRP specifically. And of course there is eBay. Sometimes Amazon will rip you for the price, a bit insane but negotiation is typically nonexistent aye

Even if you have to go a Wii Remote Plus, it isn't bad. Just make sure you check all possible online retailers. Trust me aye, there are places like http://www.bullmoose.com that sell stuff for really cheap, although idk if they do WRP specifically. And of course there is eBay. Sometimes Amazon will rip you for the price, a bit insane but negotiation is typically nonexistent aye

*checks eBay out to see much cheaper prices for the built-in Wii Motion Plus*

Oh yeah, now I know which site I'm ordering the controller from.

Another option is to get an old Wii game with a Wiimote Plus (all in one or add on) bundle. You might get a good deal there. Just remember you might want the rubber case for the wiimote + add on. Some of the game + wiimote bundle sales omit this case. I personally just bought the add on as it was being sold for $15 on it's own, last one in store here local. The other option was like $50+ for an all in one wiimote. A little expensive.

In hindsight I should have bought something like Grand Slam Tennis with Wiimote add on included. But live and learn I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom