• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Whale from the E3 Trailer Really the Servant of the Goddesses or is It Evil?

Is the Whale a servant of the Goddesses or is it evil

• The wale is the servant of the Goddesses Ghirahim mentions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The whale is evil and probably serves Ghirahim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to agree with leftyrock91, GaroXicon and Yonatesf, it being a dream just makes the most since at this moment. Not saying it is, but if you think about, the whole surrounding is very dream like, and the fact that its a whale, makes it even more so. I mean, she gets sucked into a tornado, and THEN you see her getting swallowed but a gigantic whale with teeth? shes not even yelling for help, she's just gracefully falling to her death with a sad face and a white background. And yet she is screaming for help when shes getting sucked into the tornado. And her bird got sucked into a tornado when her bird doesn't get eating by the whale? It doesn't make since for it to be real with what we know. I may be wrong, its just what I saw. The servant was probably the spirit or another character, but I don't think it was the whale.

Hey, the whale might be seen again, just like we saw ganondorf and navi before you even met them, which is a large possibility.

So it probably goes something like this:

Link has a dream, which becomes a nightmare when Zelda is snatched away from him while in flight and on the verge of being swallowed by a giant, menacing whale (fish?). So, would that mean the giant whale from Link's nightmare would symbolize the tornado, which occurs at some point a bit later in the story? Occam's Razor would lead me to believe Link is having a prophetic dream which symbolizes - in a way - some of the events that will soon transpire.

Then, what about Lord Ghirahim's statements about " that loathsome servant of the Goddess"? Perhaps, this servant in question IS indeed someone else (not the whale), but then who? A character yet revealed? The way they (Nintendo) constructed the demos and videos (previews) led us to assume a lot of things that sends our mind on a loop! ...and boy were their methods effective! :lol:

I think the servant is a shiekah, like Impa, that is meant to protect Zelda.
Hmm...that would kind of make sense; it could loosely provide a throwback explanation to why Zelda in OoT takes on the particular male form known as Sheik...if you know what I mean.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
I was looking this thread and i saw someone saying that the whale was not the servant, and made me think about something,"So, who's the servant?", about 5 minutes later I looked at the trailer one more time, and I perceived that the LoftBirds could've been THAT servant because at the very bottom at the Godess statue there's birds there, not simple birds, LoftBirds.

servant.jpg

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I have to agree with leftyrock91, GaroXicon and Yonatesf, it being a dream just makes the most since at this moment. Not saying it is, but if you think about, the whole surrounding is very dream like, and the fact that its a whale, makes it even more so. I mean, she gets sucked into a tornado, and THEN you see her getting swallowed but a gigantic whale with teeth? shes not even yelling for help, she's just gracefully falling to her death with a sad face and a white background. And yet she is screaming for help when shes getting sucked into the tornado. And her bird got sucked into a tornado when her bird doesn't get eating by the whale? It doesn't make since for it to be real with what we know. I may be wrong, its just what I saw. The servant was probably the spirit or another character, but I don't think it was the whale.

Hey, the whale might be seen again, just like we saw ganondorf and navi before you even met them, which is a large possibility.

Well, you usually don't scream the entire way down. She probably figured she was about to die, so...

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Idk. I believe it's a servant of the Goddesses, since it seems deity whales are common allies in the series. However, who knows if right before the whale swallows her, a giant female spirit swoops down and saves Zelda, in which case the whale would have been bad. Is there really a way to know for sure right now?

T

therealghirahim

Yeah, I totally agree that the whale is not helpful. It reminds me of nightmare from links awakening as they are both black and look as though they are in spirit forms.

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
It is really hard to say for sure but the whale is most likely the servant of the godesses. I don't know if someone have mentioned this but Phi could also be the servant. It's diffucult to know from what we have seen.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
Honestly? I think it's evil, but it just doesn't make any sense. Maybe Link gets saved too, and that's when he has a vision of Phi? Or, I doubt this is true, but what if Zelda's bird is Phi? If she gets saved with Zelda, she'd be there to rescue Link, if he was saved too. (by the whale)

How could a Sheikah snatch Zelda out of the sky? That's really not possible.

I don't know, this is the world of Zelda, where people feels perfectly fine despite being in high up in the clouds and where huge, monsterous whales can fly without wings. For all we know, the Sheikah could have magical powers that counterattack the tornado and snatch Zelda from Ghirahim.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, Ghirahim wouldn't go crazy like that if that was his little minion. So, I'm going to have to say that the whale is a good guy. Plus, while falling, zelda didn't really show genuine fear. so yeah.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well, Ghirahim wouldn't go crazy like that if that was his little minion. So, I'm going to have to say that the whale is a good guy. Plus, while falling, zelda didn't really show genuine fear. so yeah.
He would go crazy like that if zelda was snatched away from his minion the whale before it had a chance to capture her, and she seemed sad when she was falling probably because she knew she would be parted from link, not everyone screams in terror when they fall from things.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think it's exactly like what happened in Ocarina of Time, only the details aren't as close to what happens in actuality. I think the game starts off in a dream, and Link sees the whale thing. The servant may be something different, because the dream may be a simple representation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom