• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Is the Sky Cannon from TP the Groosenator?

Have any of you ever thought for a moment that the ancient cannon that launches you to the City in the Sky from TP may be the same cannon that Groose created to defeat The Imprisoned from SS. The cannons do look pretty similar. But what are your thoughts on this?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
They are not the least bit similar, the Groosenator is a catapult, the sky cannon is a cannon with feet(before it launches, it takes a couple steps forward with the feet on the bottom of it).

So I don't think they're the same thing, but maybe the sky cannon is another contraption Groose built, sometime after everybody moved to the surface and he could find more durable materials? Because it had to last like millions of years.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Sky Cannons are built by the Oocca, supposedly, now even though this isn't officially stated I think it's pretty much a given. For one the Oocca were know to build a lot of advanced technology such as the Dominion Rod and the Owl Statues that can be manipulated by the Rod. So given this notion I think it could easy to see that the Oocca were capable of building a Cannon that could reach far distances. Also there is a Sky Cannon within the City of the Sky, since this is the home of the Oocca, I think it's a given it is, in fact, their creation, not to mention that there are miniature models with the Oocca shop.

So I think it's pretty accurate to state that the Oocca constructed the Sky Cannons, now since we can't conjure up the origins of the Oocca then I think it's near impossible to try and relate Groose to the Oocca. There is also the fact Groose stayed on the surface, so his contact with the sky could have been limited. Further disapproving this would be the significant differences in the visual side of things.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Now THAT would've been awesome. I don't believe the Groosenator is the Canon from TP at all. They don't look alike, they're in different location, they have different purposes, and the chances of SS actually referencing something from TP are slim to none. However, that is the kind of stuff I expected to see from SS and didn't get. My mind would've been blown to have Groose be the inventor of sky canons and create the one that TP Link uses. Or just to see someone in SS create the canon would've been enough.

But I really don't think that's what happened.

The Sky Cannons are built by the Oocca, supposedly, now even though this isn't officially stated I think it's pretty much a given. For one the Oocca were know to build a lot of advanced technology such as the Dominion Rod and the Owl Statues that can be manipulated by the Rod. So given this notion I think it could easy to see that the Oocca were capable of building a Cannon that could reach far distances. Also there is a Sky Cannon within the City of the Sky, since this is the home of the Oocca, I think it's a given it is, in fact, their creation, not to mention that there are miniature models with the Oocca shop.

So I think it's pretty accurate to state that the Oocca constructed the Sky Cannons, now since we can't conjure up the origins of the Oocca then I think it's near impossible to try and relate Groose to the Oocca. There is also the fact Groose stayed on the surface, so his contact with the sky could have been limited. Further disapproving this would be the significant differences in the visual side of things.

This is accurate. Not to mention the time gap between SS and TP makes this even further unlikely. I doubt there is/was anything left of the Groosenator at that point.

We need an oocca backstory game soooooo bad.

Actually, no... That whole thing about the Oocca is believed to have resulted from a gaggle of mistranslations. Most of that stuff surrounding the legend of the Oocca is extremely ambiguous in the English version. Not using this to strengthen the Groosenator theory or anything; just...yeah...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
TheBlueReptile said:
Is it? Why would the Oocca build a cannon that can only be utilised via the application of a human item, make it sufficiently large enough for a human to fit inside and also have it so that one of their own kind has to hitch a ride with a human to use it (as seen*here*at the 1:50 mark)?
Well the transportation was for the Hylians, we must not forget that the two races were once connected, in terms of they had a relationship of sorts. It was stated that contact was lost between the two, how would the Hylians make contact with the Oocca? via the Sky Cannon. Now even though translations are rather muddled up, like Wolf politely pointed out... Anyway if someone can find the original japenese translations then I'd be willing to compromise.

So look at this reference from Twilight Princess;
Rusl: The ancestors of the Hylians created the temple... Signs of their civilization--ancient, but very sophisticated--are everywhere. If someone could obtain the power of those ancient people... Well, I am sure it would go a long way toward saving Hyrule.

Now this is a common mistranslation, one that many of us actually know -- The Oocca were said to have created the Hylians in the English translation, we know this quote is wrong (the actual quote was that they built Hyrule iirc). However that's not my point, my point is that it refers to the Oocca who created some of this technology within the Temple of Time, the dungeon that is. All of which are related to the Dominion Rod;
Rusl: Yes, it said that a mysterious rod was handed down from the people of the sky, and it was called the Dominion Rod...

So this was passed down by the people of the Sky, the Sky referring to the City in the Sky. Now one could say what if the sky people are Skyloftians, well then we'd have to prove that these two places are related which is a theory that has no true backing.

For me, it seems like there's a lot more evidence for the Oocca rather than against, the Oocca essentially were once more significant than the Hylians, as they once built Hyrule for the Hylians and are even closer related to the gods. Due to what I stated above, I think the Oocca were the main ones who instigated this way of transportation, Hylians just simply used it travel to the sky. I know this is more trivial, but they even have miniature scale models in the Oocca shop, all of this is pointing towards them building the Sky Cannons, if one can find the japenese translations, then I'll stay with this view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom