• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the 3DS XL like the DSi XL? Is the screen bigger because the pixels are bigger?

When the DSi XL came out I watched a video that said the screen was bigger because the pixels were bigger. Is the same true for the 3DS XL and New 3DS XL? Are all XLs bigger because of bigger pixels? If so, why does Nintendo think big pixels is a selling point? Who actually wants big pixels?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't understand what y'all are saying about pixellation. It's probably true, but when i'm playing on my 3DSXL the game looks just fine, better than the 3DS reg actually. Even when I blow it up onto my 1080p display (ALLAHU AKBAR) it still looks great. And that is when the pixellation is definitely visible..

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
I'm not sure if it's actually worse, but I can say that I much prefer the XL. Screen is larger, so less strain on the eyes when playing for large periods of time. That, and the console feels better in my hands, so even if the graphics are worse, I think the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom