• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is spirit tracks worth my time?

I don't personally have a 3ds or a 2ds so I don't have the game my self but it's one of the few Zelda games i know little about and I was thinking about watching a lets play of the game to get the story and everything, so is it worth my time to watch through these lets plays? Because I don't have the money to be getting the game my self

I enjoyed Spirit Tracks a lot when I was growing up. It was the Second LoZ game I ever played, and I will still pick it up and play it every now and then. A Lets Play might be good to watch, but the amount of time spent riding around on the spirit Train could bore you very quickly. Apart from the transportation, everything else is really good. The side quests will take up a lot of time, if the Lets Play you choose to watch decides to partake in them. The bosses are incredibly fun, and the items you get are pretty cool too. Watching someone play it doesn't fully make up for actually playing the game, but I understand what you mean. I still cant afford to play Skyward Sword yet...
Its ultimately up to you. If you watch it now and play it later I highly doubt that will spoil parts of the game. It follows a pretty basic Zelda formula. Ive played this one at least 6+ times, and Ive enjoyed every run through.
Hope this helps!

I enjoyed Spirit Tracks a lot when I was growing up. It was the Second LoZ game I ever played, and I will still pick it up and play it every now and then. A Lets Play might be good to watch, but the amount of time spent riding around on the spirit Train could bore you very quickly. Apart from the transportation, everything else is really good. The side quests will take up a lot of time, if the Lets Play you choose to watch decides to partake in them. The bosses are incredibly fun, and the items you get are pretty cool too. Watching someone play it doesn't fully make up for actually playing the game, but I understand what you mean. I still cant afford to play Skyward Sword yet...
Its ultimately up to you. If you watch it now and play it later I highly doubt that will spoil parts of the game. It follows a pretty basic Zelda formula. Ive played this one at least 6+ times, and Ive enjoyed every run through.
Hope this helps!

Thank you yea this helps a lot, I had started watching the beginning and like you said I can see how riding in the train can get boring to watch but I'll press through it to get the full story out of it, I'm a huge Zelda fan so I'm definitely willing to take in new knowledge when ever I can

ST is much better than PH. Playing is just as much of a pain with the Train and god forsaken Pipes.

If youre just watching it be played though then the story is more engaging than PH (and a few other games) and is rather unique compared to others.

Its interesting to see New Hyrule and the more political edge the game has.

Youll probably get more enjoyment out of watching it than playing it so try and enjoy.

ST is much better than PH. Playing is just as much of a pain with the Train and god forsaken Pipes.

If youre just watching it be played though then the story is more engaging than PH (and a few other games) and is rather unique compared to others.

Its interesting to see New Hyrule and the more political edge the game has.

Youll probably get more enjoyment out of watching it than playing it so try and enjoy.
Thank you I will try to enjoy it, I actually have played PH and I had fun with it for the most part so if this games better then that I'll like it

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Meh, it's not the best game. I don't understand it much.. I mean, is Link the hero of trains or something?

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I wouldn't say spirit tracks is at the top my favorite Zelda title list. But it still is a Zelda title and is enjoyable to play. I wouldn't recommend spending the money to purchase a 3ds solely for this game, if you do there are plenty of other great Zelda titles that I would recommend buying first. I agree with the other comments that you spend a lot of time riding the train which does get boring. The music in this game is pretty good.

Spirit Tracks was one of my least favourite Zelda games. The plot isn't that good, so missing it isn't a big deal. I'd say unless there's gonna be a direct sequel to ST that you wanna play, don't bother spending the time catching up on the game.

I enjoyed it a great bit. Didn't mind the pipes at all. I would actually love to replay it. A Let's Play will definitely be worth the watch.

If you have the free time, why not? I don't like the DS games because of the movement with the stylus. However they are still Zelda games and both have their charms.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Sure, why not? It's a solid game. I'd recommend playing it if you ever can though.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I loved it, from the perspective of someone who also loved Phantom Hourglass. If all-touch controls, bad instrument controls, long train rides, a recurring dungeon, and somewhat melodramatic cutscenes don't bother you, Spirit Tracks is the right game for you. It's got great lore, charm, and good dungeons. Despite overworld movement being on rails, it also has decent exploration. And for all touch controls, they're pretty solid. Plus it gives Zelda a pretty good role.
I enjoyed Spirit Tracks a lot when I was growing up.
Wow, people can say that about Spirit Tracks now? I'm getting old...

I think it is worth playing. The quirks of the touchscreen interface from Phantom Hourglass are worked out here, I felt. The train aspect is a unique element of the Zelda lore you only find here, too. It's not for everyone's tastes, but nothing is, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom