• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Is LoZ ST a Good Game?

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is a phenomenal title. In fact, it's my second favorite handheld installment after the Minish Cap. I have my gripes with the title, however, when all is said and done, Spirit Tracks stands as a paragon of what a Zelda game should be.

Spirit Tracks opens very strongly. Get to the castle and a sequence of cutscenes is activated throwing Link and Zelda into the action. I won't spoil the story here but playing as Zelda as well as utilizing the Spirit Flute are both welcome additions. The train may be more linear in its exploration aspect but there are still many overworld goodies to collect including the infamous bunnies. The music is some of the best in franchise history with the dungeon and boss designs up there as well. The biggest problem the game suffers from is that the story is loaded at the beginning and end of the game with little in between but what story there exists is simply stunning. Due to not having strong initial sales. you should be able to pick Spirit Tracks up for a fairly low price. Knock yourself out.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Heck yeah, it's a good game. It's one of the greatest games the DS has to offer and one of the most fun times I've ever had. It's no breakthrough for the series, and it has its flaws, but it's incredibly addicting and entertaining. I was honestly shocked at how much I enjoyed the game. I'm not gonna say it's my favorite game ever made, but it's definitely pretty high on the list. (Just check my avi and the words above & below it.) Every Zelda fan should get this game. It's totally worth it. 9/10.

Last edited:

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
It's nothing special for Zelda and it's my personal least favorite of the canon games but it's still a solid game and worth getting if you've got the money and the time. If you really want to get it than definately do so; it's not a bad game by any means and it's very enjoyable. Parts of it can be really difficult though. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's an amazing video game, but in my opinion a subpar Zelda game. It has many strengths including great puzzles and a beautiful (for the DS) overworld, but it and it's elder Phantom Hourglass are crippled by the restricting stylus controls. You should definitely try it out though -- if you're looking for a game that you can play through once and be satisfied, ST is it. If you're looking for a replayable game that gives you the same feeling through each playthrough, I cannot comment as I haven't dared to replay ST.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is an excellent Video Game. It is one of the best games on the Nintendo DS family. However, don't expect it to be a good as a Console Title.

It is a really fun game! I'm not sure if you have it but I would probably recommend picking up Phantom Hourglass first/instead. Either way, both are probably some of the best games the DS has to offer. I prefer them over the current 3D Zelda games in fact.

Pen

The game is on!
Spirit Tracks is a grand video game, one of my all time favourites in fact. :nod: It's always entertaining and it's got some really interesting characters and character developments. But the absolute best thing with the game in my opinion is the game's soundtrack, it's absolutely tremendous! ^^ I think Spirit Tracks took what was good with Phantom Hourglass and made it even better, with the exception of the game's plot, which was not quite as good as Phantom Hourglass's. But all in all I believe Spirit Tracks was more fun to be playing.

So yes, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is a good game, and if you're into Zelda (which I'm guessing you are) Spirit Tracks is definitely a game to have. :D

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I actually liked it a lot more Than I thought I would. While it's extremely linear and extremely easy, it has great music, great items, a great story, and solid gameplay. Its my 3rd favorite handheld title behind Minish cap and Link's awakening (not counting the gba alttp)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
As I haven't tried playing PH yet, I cannot decide how ST compares to it, like some of the others here. ST was my first foray into handheld Zeldas, so going in I was only used to the grand console titles, like OoT, MM and TP - so just trying out ST the first time was a huge change for me. But I was surprised to see how much I ended up enjoying it. Sure, I can understand some people not loving the stylus-controls and I have to say I got a bit lightheaded whenever I had to play the flute as it took me a while to understand what strength and angle I needed to blow in order to make the damn instrument work, lol. But once I got both things under control, I really enjoyed it.

The train is a new and exciting method of traveling and sure, it can be a bit tedious at times when you have to travel far (but thankfully there are several nice warp points where you can go from one land to another without having to physically drive the train the whole way), but I loved the customizations you could do (I, of course, made sure to get the complete dragon train set). I also loved how you uncovered more and more train tracks as you did favors for various characters, making the journeys easier, as well as giving you the chance to explore previously hidden locations. The bunnies were fun, despite sometimes being frustrating to try and locate them all. And something I really loved was Zelda's own participation in the game. That was really refreshing. It made gameplay more interesting, made for some great puzzles. And the boss fights were awesome as ST utilized the two screens in a really great way (I really loved how ST was part 2D and part 3D in terms of gameplay)

So yeah, as someone who was prior to ST used to only the console titles in Zelda, I can completely recommend ST. It's really enjoyable ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom