• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Invader Zim Fan Fic

Let me tell the story of this fine fan fiction. A dear friend of mine said she was writing this. I asked if she could e-mail it to me. She did, and I was like "Holy crap, this is more awesome than Hyperbole and a Half and the Oatmeal put together!". THEN, I pm-ed it to arkvoodle, chapter by chapter, which was before I was aware of the massive amount of Invader Zim fans on ZD. I told my friend, who was thrilled that someone else had read it, and now, I'm posting it! Enjoy!

With love and Pet Canadians, theothernavi :)

P.S Still a working title.
P.S.S ZADR = Zim And Dib Romance

Title- I've gotta stop kissing people- zadr

Chapter 1: back to skool
"Well, high skool is starting today, I should probably start fresh. On second thought, why fix what hasn't broken yet?" Muttered an awakened Dib aloud to himself. Groggily, he wore his usual attire: long black jacket, blue face tee, and black jeans. He ran a brush through his black hair, and applied some anti-grav hairgel.

"This is more like it," said Dib. Then he went to his kitchen to eat some breakfast.
"Morning Gaz," yawned Dib as he rubbed his light brown eyes. His sister did not notice him, her eyes glued to her gameslave.
Later, Dib arrived at skool. He thought to himself, "Nervous isn't the word.... It's more like apprehension. Another boring beginning to another year of torment and failure."

But then he realized something, something that he had forgotten. "Zim! I had been away at forced 'real science' camp by dad all summer! It doesn't seem like Zim's done anything, judging by the state of peace, however. Strange, but fortunate. I can't risk any more slacking, though. I must find him!" Taking his seat, Dib's eyes darted all around the room and through the window for a trace of his alien friend. "

"Wait, NO! Zim is my mortal enemy. Why did I think that? Strange... Aha! it must be Zim controlling my mind! Wait, no, why would he want to be friends?" And this internal monologue continued throughout the day as the taller, slightly more muscular boy sat through his first day back at skool.
"I don't get it, Gaz, I just don't. How could he not be there! This is strange. And troubling. Strange and troubling. Most definitely. Don't you agree? Are you even listening? Gaz, this is crucial. The world could very well be in danger! Zim could be doing anything! Zim! Anything! Are you getting this, Gaz? Huh? I wonder what he's doing! What is zim up to?! GAZ!"
"Really? You couldn't shut up? God, Dib, you are getting really obsessive," Snapped Gaz.
"Obsessive over what? Saving the WORLD?" Gestured Dib grandly.
"No stupid, obsessive over Zim. Honestly, if you care about him so much, why don't you just marry him? Then you can move in and I won't have to hear about it EVER AGAIN!" Cried Gaz menacingly.
All Dib could do was shut up and hope not to get beaten up until they got home. Yet even as Dib dropped his bag to the floor of his room and sat on his bed, the thought of Zim plagued him. Staring around his navy room at his various paranormal posters, dib began to do something he hadn't for months: talk to himself.

"Zim. My alien, my enemy. I guess my problems obvious huh? I'm completely insane. I'm battling my neighborhood alien- wait, that's not right. MY alien? I am so..... possessive. It's as if he's mine to own, to fight, to talk to. Mine to ceaselessly think about. God, maybe Gaz was right. I sound like I'm in love ......," The teenage boy shuddered. Love was something, possibly the only thing, he believed to be a myth. All the girls he knew had made it very clear he was not worth their time. Dib had just given up on finding any.

"But there's one thing I can find!" Dib thought aloud. He got up and left his home, headed for somewhere he had gone plenty of times before.
Zim's house.

Well, hope you enjoyed this. I did not write this! My friend did, so comment on how SHE wrote it, mkay?

It sounds good! The personalities are spot on. This isnt gonna end up Yaoi though, is it? I hope not O_O

Anyways, i loved it. But... wheres gir?!

Can i be a mongoose dog?

I'm pretty sure that won't happen. It's still a working title, mind you. Also, I'd prefer if anyone reading this kept comments on the title to a minimum, if you could. Thanks y'alls!

Chapter 2:
***DARKNESS***​
"I am on the ground," Dib rationalized as he opened his eyes, "I must've passed out. Where am I? Oh, right...," the boy muttered as he got up and dusted himself off. "Looking for Zim. Gotta find...," Dib's voice trailed off as he realized exactly why he had fainted. Right there, in front of his eyes was...nothing. An empty patch of land where a house used to be. Not even a dent in the ground. Nothing. Not a piece left of Zim. Emptiness filled him, followed by a lightheaded-ness and then darkness.
And suddenly, the ground beneath him gave way to the black void of space. Earth was gone. His world had somehow, inexplicably, left him. He was floating in the void of space. Dib began to gasp for air before he realized, "What's the point? Why struggle? Nothing is left. No one is here to save me or even see me," His sight faded to black before he discovered it was a dream. But waking up did nothing to help the pang of despair inside as Dib headed home, unsure of the stability of everything he knew.
Inside his room, the only discernible thought Dib could make out in his head was "What am I going to do?"
And somewhere in the midst of the sea of thoughts in Dib's mind, an answer was formed.......
"Anything I can."

Yeah, kind of a weird chapter, I know.

Last edited:
Chapter 3:​

Dib's determination would have to wait, however, because a shrill alarm clock that sang the tune of "Mysterious Mysteries" brought him back to reality. Hi Skool was still there, and his GPA would shrivel up and die if he skipped for too long. Resigned to that fact, Dib groggily got himself up and left. But by the time the young man had actually woken up, his first class was just starting. While Mrs. Bitters droned on about her usual topic of doom, and Dib momentarily wondered how was it that she was still teaching him, when something entirely new caught his eye. Unsure whether his eyes were deceiving him (after all, he hadn't slept that much that night) or he needed some new glasses, he rubbed eyes of the morning drowsiness.

"Nope, I still see it. How can i still see it? It's impossible," he thought. "I must be crazy. This isn't real. Maybe I'm not in skool at all, perhaps I'm still in my bed, dreaming. That MUST be it." But no, after some subtle self pinching, Dib realized it was not a figment of his imagination sitting, coincidentally, in the same spot as the last. It was, in fact, a badly disguised alien. Irken, from the looks of it.

"Yes! That's it! The answer! Maybe they'll know where Z- wait! Maybe it wants to take over the earth! It looks like a she, a female. Similar to Tak, but only slightly. There's something different about this one.hmmm," The teen then had a thought.

Now, usually thoughts aren't dangerous when you keep them inside your head and to yourself, but when he thought this particular thought, his stomach flipped, his heart missed a beat, and beads of sweat appeared on his head. Oh yes, this one special thought was like a poison, spreading through his brain to the rest of the body. He was repulsed by it, of course, but on the other hand, strangely enough, the thought lingered.
"She looks very attractive."
He was attracted to.....an alien? A possibly hostile alien, at that.

"How desperate am I? No- heh, she is kinda cute, though. Wait, NO! I am not going to fall for this hot alien girl, no matter how good looking. She probably is just like..," But Dib's brain just stopped. He refused to think anymore on the subject. Not one thought about the pink dress with black leggings, the shoulder-length black wavy hair, the blue eyes, or even the nervous, slightly too-loud chuckle when someone asked her name. Not even a brainwave was used to contemplate the high falsetto voice that replied,"I am...miZZ!!!"
Nope. Not at all.

amaterasu

Writer
Cool story bro. think Mizz will have a Sir that's not broken, or a broken one like Gir?

I'm going to roll around on the floor for a bit, K?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom