• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Indie Games

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Well everyone, for a while, I was unsure of my opinion of freeware independent games. I thought they were just stupid little games that ripped off of "real" series in order to get some WoW advertising in. But then I came across a couple really good indie game (as independent studio games are referred to) sites, and came across a little gem known as Cave Story. Some of you may have heard of it; it is an action-adventure-platformer hybrid with amazing retro vibes in graphics and soundtrack. Although available for 1000 wii points on the shop channel, it is also available for free downloads on the internet. Just search it in Google. Another good one is Knytt, which reminds me of a nonviolent Metroid. What are your opinions on Indie games? Are they all shovelware, like I used to think, or are they good? Also, I'd like to know, what are some really good free indie games that are out there?

Most indie games are fantastic. You probably thought they're crap because you're used to games with high production values. Have you ever played World of Goo? It's one of the best games to release this generation and it was made by two ex-EA employees in a coffee shop.

There's a really cool one coming out on WiiWare soon called And Yet it Moves.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Most indie games are fantastic. You probably thought they're crap because you're used to games with high production values. Have you ever played World of Goo? It's one of the best games to release this generation and it was made by two ex-EA employees in a coffee shop.

There's a really cool one coming out on WiiWare soon called And Yet it Moves.

YES! World of Goo is highly addicting! I love that game. Sadly, I've only played the 1 hour demo on the computer but I plan to buy it as soon as my internet connection starts working once again. I would definitely reccomend that game too.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I've heard that La Mulana is good, but I've never played it. Who has? I'd like to know more about it.

World of Goo was a game that I bought out of curiosity, but ended up being one of the most fun experiences on my Wii! I have heard of Cave Story. If it is anything like World of Goo (in awesomeness) I will have to check it out.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I've played World of Goo. It was fun, but in my opinion, Cave Story is way better. It starts out with virtually no storyline, but ends up with among the strongest videogaming storylines I've played. I'ts storyline is at least as strong as most Zeldas. Plus, the gameplay is smooth and precise, and has an awesome classic feel with the sideways wii remote. But you should download the free online one first to make sure you like it. It doesn't have as good graphics as the wii version, and much less gameplay options/ game modes, but it's a good way to start.

Kybyrian

I haven't played many Indie games at all, but I do download a few of them from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace every now and then. They're just a dollar or so and they are pretty fun. Like I said, not a lot of them but I have downloaded a couple and watched my uncle play a few others.

I MA3D A G4M3 W1TH ZOMB1ES 1N 1T

I believe that's how you spell that, haha. It's a pretty fun game for a while. I can't really think of the others off the top of my head, but I've downloaded a couple more and played a few others aside from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom