• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom In what order did you play all of the map regions?

I'm not asking about the regional phenomenon order. I'm asking in what order did you play ALL of the map regions?

Please, no BS responses like "You can play the game in any order you like!" because you're definitely not meant to play the difficult regions before the easy ones! Just because one CAN, does not mean one SHOULD.

I just finished the Rito Temple (my first dungeon), and right now the game seems to hint for me to choose between two options: Goron City for the next temple, or Hateno Village for my shrine sensor. Why the game would want me to go ALL THE WAY from Rito Village in the north-west to Hateno in the south-east is beyond me, but I really want my shrine sensor.

Should I take the bait and just go get the shrine sensor? I don't think it would be very enjoyable for me to run from Central Hyrule all the way down to Hateno Village, and skip other regions in between. But then again, I don't want to go without a shrine sensor for any longer than necessary.

So which region has more difficult enemies? Eldin or Hateno?

EDIT: I just read that once you get your shrine sensor in Hateno in SE Hyrule, you get sent to Akkala tech lab all the way in NE Hyrule to upgrade it? WTF! Please stop sending me around the world and just tell me where to go next!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I just went my own way. First I activated all towers once I was able to do so. Then I just went everywhere I wanted to go. I just finished my 3th temple and am exploring the map again.

I just went my own way. First I activated all towers once I was able to do so. Then I just went everywhere I wanted to go. I just finished my 3th temple and am exploring the map again.

Did you find the Goron region or Hateno region more difficult?

I ended up deciding to just go for Hateno (via Kakariko Village), and as soon as I crossed the border into that region the enemies had much higher HP. I wonder if I should have gone to Goron first instead.

I’m asking this because when I played BOTW, the game never directed me to go south into Faron and Laurelin Village, so I figured I should go later. Big mistake. I did the Zora and Goron regions first, which were quite difficult. When I finally went to Faron and Larelin, I was killing enemies with one or two hits. Ended up wasting my good weapons on them, and picked up super low-level weapons from all the enemies.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

I ended up deciding to just go for Hateno (via Kakariko Village), and as soon as I crossed the border into that region the enemies had much higher HP. I wonder if I should have gone to Goron first instead.

I’m asking this because when I played BOTW, the game never directed me to go south into Faron and Laurelin Village, so I figured I should go later. Big mistake. I did the Zora and Goron regions first, which were quite difficult. When I finally went to Faron and Larelin, I was killing enemies with one or two hits. Ended up wasting my good weapons on them, and picked up super low-level weapons from all the enemies.
To be honest I don't know. Both have their difficulties. Although when you go to the Goron area you're facing more fire enemies. But the heat won't be a trouble like it used to be in BotW. When you go to Goron city do pick up the heat resistant armor. You're going to need it.

I went to Lurelin and also got killed. But it's more about strategies. There are way more enemies in groups. I don't know if you got your avatars out. I got three avatars so far and all of them are out so they fight against enemies as well and can help out a lot

The Goron region is harder than the Hateno region imo. The world scales with you, and it scales the most after you complete dungeons, so when you completed the Rito dungeon, your world got more difficult enemies.

The world scales with you
Oh really? I didn’t know that! That’s actually pretty smart.

I ended up going to Hateno first, which I guess was the right choice. But then I went to Hyrule Field/Great Plateau and started one-hit killing enemies. I guess I was meant to come here first. Kind of frustrating that the game never hinted at that.

I ended up going to Hateno first, which I guess was the right choice. But then I went to Hyrule Field/Great Plateau and started one-hit killing enemies. I guess I was meant to come here first. Kind of frustrating that the game never hinted at that.
There's a questline that you get from Lookout Landing that, after completing like 5 quests, pushes you towards the Great Plateau and its depths, but they also yell at you to go to Rito Village so it's not quite clear the "intended" order of Central and Southeastern Hyrule.

pushes you towards the Great Plateau and its depths
I think I’ve already completed it. The quest I’m thinking of starts just south of Lookout Landing, and ends underneath the Great Plateau but you never actually emerge there. In fact, I didn’t even know I ended up under there.

Just to double-check, the only way to emerge from the depths is to teleport back out right? Is there a more natural way to get out from where you stand?

Last edited:
Just to double-check, the only way to emerge from the depths is to teleport back out right? Is there a more natural way to get out from where you stand?
There are a couple "ascend towers" that are designed to get you out of the depths via ascend, but I've only found like three of them. But those are absolutely vital for a no-shrines playthrough.

I'll just say that there is more to the Great Plateau then just that first quest, the bargainer statue gives you some hints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom