• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time In the 3D Version, Why Are There Two Empty Item Slots?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
They are slots to put items on, you just access the items by touching the screen with your thumbs. I usually put the iron boots on the bottom one and things like bombs or firespell and the like (as in items I don't want to accidentall take out and use up) on the top one

I think that maybe he means the 2 empty slots in the inventory when you got "everything".
I think the bad biggoron sword goes on one of these, dk if you can fill the other.

I think that maybe he means the 2 empty slots in the inventory when you got "everything".
I think the bad biggoron sword goes on one of these, dk if you can fill the other.
Yes, this is what I mean. I just dont understand why Nintendo would put two item slots there in the inventory that arent being used. Even if the broken medigorons sword went there there is still one gap.

T

Toon Link 989

Yes, this is what I mean. I just dont understand why Nintendo would put two item slots there in the inventory that arent being used. Even if the broken medigorons sword went there there is still one gap.

I have mine all filled up. I got every item in the game, and had 2 slots left. The last slots are for another Bottle and for the Happy Mask sidequest.

There are 4x5 slots in the inventory and 4 items on the buttons, for a total of 24 item slots.
Deku sticks 1, nuts 2, slingshot 3, bombs 4, boomerang 5, din's fire 6, bombchus 7, lens of truth 8, bottle 9,10,11,12, farore's 13, nayru's 14, bow 15, hammer 16, iron boots 17, longshot 18, hover boots 19, trading item 20, mask 21, beans 22. That's what I have, medigoron's sword would be 23, which one am I missing?

There are 4x5 slots in the inventory and 4 items on the buttons, for a total of 24 item slots.
Deku sticks 1, nuts 2, slingshot 3, bombs 4, boomerang 5, din's fire 6, bombchus 7, lens of truth 8, bottle 9,10,11,12, farore's 13, nayru's 14, bow 15, hammer 16, iron boots 17, longshot 18, hover boots 19, trading item 20, mask 21, beans 22. That's what I have, medigoron's sword would be 23, which one am I missing?

You're missing Din's fire.

i'mtypingthisbecauseineed30characters.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist

The pocket cucco egg/cucco? That might be the last space.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
see, the way the inventory system works is that you are always going to have at least two items on buttons (I, X, Y, or II).

so, that being said... there's (1)Deku Sticks, (2)Deku Nuts, (3)Din's Fire, (4)Bow, (5)Slingshot, (6)Bombchu, (7)Hammer, (8)Lens of Truth, (9)Farore's Wind, (10)Bommerang, (11)Hover Boots, (12)Magic Beans, (13)Iron Boots, (14)Nayru's Love, (15,16,17,18)4 Bottles, (19)The Mask slot, (20)Hookshot, (21)Claim Check, AND (22) Bombs... for a total of 22 items... (20 in the slots and two on buttons)

hope this helped...
~Z

Last edited:
In the N64 game you had 24 items, but in the 3DS game the 3 magical arrows are included along with the Bow, and the Ocarina is not in the item section. That's 24 - 4 = 20. In the 3DS game there are 20 slots in your inventory, and 4 on the side (24 slots). And now the hover boots and the iron boots are items, so you have 20 + 2 = 22 items total, leaving 2 empty slots.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Bad design, Nintendo and Grezzo! 2 empty slots could be easily filled with Goron & Zora Tunics, but these items are still present on the Gear screen.

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
Well, this is what I know. Forgive me if I miss anything. All the items I know of are:

Deku Sticks, Deku Nuts, Magic Beans, Mask(Or X), Slingshot, Bombs, Bombchus, Boomerang, Bow(With 3 arrows), Megaton Hammer, Hookshot/Longshot, Iron Boots, Hover Boots, Spells(3), 4 bottles, and probably something else. But, does it really matter?

Also, it could be because that they did that in case, somehow, you managed to keep Zelda's Letter, and any other temporary items, so the inventory wouldn't be beyond capacity, like how Arceus has the ??? type in the 4th Gen Pokemon games. It can't be obtained normally, but it's a safeguard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom