• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Invent an Enemy...

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
/SORRY if there's already a thread considering this, I didn't see a one/

Well, if you would one day be called by Shigeru Miyamoto himself, that you'd be recruited as the main enemy desinger for the next Zelda- game. It would be all up to you, would it be a boss, or a mini boss, or just a regular enemy, or a enemy from a certain region of the game. Let your imagination fly. Would it be skeleton like- enemy, like Stalfos, or would it be based on an animal, like Keese, or would it be a crossover of two animals, like Moblin (in some games), or something mechanical, like Koloktos, or maybe something human- like, for an example, Ghirahim, maybe something flying, maybe even a DRAGON, like Argorok, or possibly something that lives in the water, like Blue Tektites? Enough with the examples, now it's your time to tell, what kind of an enemy would YOU desing for the next Zelda! (Or it could be an already released Zelda- game, and it'd be an enemy you would've liked to add there.)

I'd like to invent a long range field enemy, we have archer bokoblin and bulblins etc but nothing else really that challenges you from a distance, i've played a lot of Zelda games now and using my shield rarely comes into it, I'd quite like to utilise it in the future with a long range enemy, or even my sword now that we have motion control, i'd quite like to deflect an attack or an appendage from a distance with my sword and cut my way towards and enemy or at least cut a bit off and then close in.

As for what it'd look like... no idea, something like a quadruped with a long tail or tongue, if we had an item like the claw shot too we could hook it's tail and spin at around like Mario 64 when fighting Boswer, that'd be nice.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would like to see more enemies like the Gerudo from Ocarina of Time. Link almost always fights with creatures or big, hulking, armoured monstrosities. Giving him a quick, nimble foe who can match his ability with a sword and perhaps other weapons, maybe even has some fancy equipment of their own, would make for some interesting fights I think.

As an example, imagine an enemy that had a clawshot and used it to yank the sword out of your hands and then immediately went on the offensive. It would force you to be more defensive or imaginative with your approach. Would you immediately try to get your sword back or use a different weapon? What if the foe started using your sword against you? An enemy whose actions are a little unpredictable and who has the ability to present a real challenge in this way would be great I think.

I would like to see more enemies like the Gerudo from Ocarina of Time. Link almost always fights with creatures or big, hulking, armoured monstrosities. Giving him a quick, nimble foe who can match his ability with a sword and perhaps other weapons, maybe even has some fancy equipment of their own, would make for some interesting fights I think.

As an example, imagine an enemy that had a clawshot and used it to yank the sword out of your hands and then immediately went on the offensive. It would force you to be more defensive or imaginative with your approach. Would you immediately try to get your sword back or use a different weapon? What if the foe started using your sword against you? An enemy whose actions are a little unpredictable and who has the ability to present a real challenge in this way would be great I think.

It's interesting that you say this because I actually formulated a villain who served as this exact antithesis to Link. Essentially, he is Link's rival and there's this innate corruption of his soul over the course of the game. Which I thought would be a fresh take on a villain, where Link and the villain are hold a relatively close relation, but their destinies take them down two different paths. It'd be a good way to show something, no matter how inhuman he may become, with very human qualities. Anyway, he is the Prince of an adjacent kingdom to Hyrule, Ordon (for the sake of a new story), and is bent on being the best to be fit to rule. So he has his own gear and different tactics when fighting, which makes the fight quicker and more strategic for the player mainly because they would almost be fighting themselves.

And since there is a strong similarity between the challenge of fighting this new main baddie and that of Dark Link, I decided to play with the corruption of the Prince's soul even more to actually give origin to Dark Link. Of course, this becomes a less original take, but nonetheless, it provides a new challenge up until the final point of the game (where he transforms or not).

Anyway, that's just a side example. I constructed an entire game with new enemies, mainly because Hyrule Kingdom is one of 20 or so other kingdoms. I've since tried to pair back slightly, using other kingdoms in sequels (which drives me nuts), but it's for the sake of scale in regards to game size and content. Anyway, there's just way to much to not explore when you have an entire world to work with...so if anyone wants to inquire about the specifics, feel free. If not, stay tuned for anything labeled under The Cardinal Kingdom, as that's my project title.

But here are a few new villains:
Gaburen, a mysterious man hailing from the Kingdom of Darkness within the Twilight Realm, who serves as the vessel for the first act's villainy
Morphos, pale, fanged, clawed, active zombies (as opposed to slow, dark, Redeads) who disguise themselves as normal citizens and attack by clawing and biting you all over, quickly, having the ability to also run after you (predominant in the Land of Fiends)
Sarpins, essentially Morphos with wings, but they are more intelligent and are capable of wielding weapons if the opportunity arises (predominant in the Land of Fiends)
Troyles, a large, stone, troll guardian with two horns on its head, moving around on all fours with the ability to create shockwaves by stomping, and charge into you after building up momentum (predominant in the Land of Fiends)
And Wolfos variations- Omega Wolfos and Alpha Wolfos, part of the Wolfos Prime pack that stalks and antagonizes Link and Zelda while they journey the Land of Fiends, the Forest Kingdom, and Leo Kingdom.

Then there's also Hadians, but they are just another race like Hylians or Ordonians, who are a little slimmer in comparison to their counterparts, with an almost blue/gray tint to their pigmentation. There aren't necessarily villains, but being in the Hadian Village, you are more susceptible to these impoverished citizens attacking you, which makes them possible threats, whereas in Hyrule, no one engages in such extreme measures and fighting or killing someone could warrant you trouble. In the Land of Fiends it's a possible blood bath.

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
Chazon: Lord of Chaos! He is a giant taller than Death Mountain. His body is covered in eyes and his hands and feet are like Dragon Claws! He wears a torn orange tunic, making it appear more like a waste length toga. His right forearm is replaced by a terrible sword covered with spines and one wide eye on each side. His only goal is destruction, and his only weakness is imprisonment. Message me for a bio if you want!

*cough*Ghirahim reference*cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom