• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Gorons Aren't Technically Suposed to Exist Yet, Why Does Gorki Exist?

G

Galfureye

This doesn't make any sense to me, there's no other Gorons in the overworld and there's definitely no town or village. Was nintendo thinking when they put him in? Or could he be like the great ancestor of the Gorons, the one who started the race? I'm kind of confused.

Well there are two other Gorons in the game. But I really don't know why the Gorons are in this game. It almost seems like Nintendo felt like they had to put them in.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Gorons are an extremely durable race. Take WW for example; they survived the Great Flood without a need to change physiologically even when both the Kokiri and Zora had to "evolve" to survive the new geography. They have appeared in virtually every land Link has arrived at, showing that they have a great tenacity to survive in a variety of locations. It is also suggested that Gorons are an ancient race due to their appearance in the inkblot opening animation of the game alongside the Goddess and the other races. Given their ability to survive without the need to adapt, it makes perfect sense to consider them one of those "fossil species" that endures for great periods of time without changing in appearance or anatomy. Like any race, their numbers probably changed depending on circumstance, so SS may have taken place during a low point in their numbers, or they may have lived in an area Link never entered.

G

Galfureye

two others? hmm, I thought the goron you encountered in the desert was the same one you meet in the forest and volcano. No?

L

Link89

Sorry im not good with character names lol is Gorki the one that is researching the goddess cubes? because besides him ive met 2 more Gorons both in lanayru desert one mining a wall and the other keeps watch of the mine carts.

I know for sure there are two (Gorko and the miner) . I am having trouble remembering the third if there was one. It also shows in the back story (intro) a goron standing behind the goddess. This shows that Gorons not only existed in this time, but thousands of years before the events took place and even before the land was separated.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As Xinn and others have noted, Gorons are durable. Also, I'd like to say that Link in fact did NOT explore Hyrule in its entirety. Therefore, the Zora, the Gorons...maybe even the Kokiri could have existed at that time. Link just didn't explore the entire of the surface so we don't see many species lying around.

Djinn

and Tonic
I honestly see no reason for Gorons to not technically exist in this game. Nothing stated that other races in previous games do not exist. Just that after the devastation of the old Hyrule there are few people living on the surface world. But just because this is a prequel does not mean that there are no Gorons yet. clearly there are, you just never discover their civilization. Only a few individuals.

Based on their physical build, it does make sense that they have the ability to survive things a little more easily than most other peoples in Hyrule. They can survive natural disasters and invasions a little better than a Hylian or Zora. And they seem to never have any specific guardian deity to protect them from outside forces. Thy like to rely on their own abilities.

Also having a diet of rocks means that they do not need to do things like farm or hunt for food either. Food should be plentiful for them in most areas, as long as they gather enough. They appear to be most suitable for survival out of all the other species in Hyrule.

The third runs the mine cart mini game.

I know that it makes perfect sense for the Gorons to exist at this point in history, but I'm wondering why Nintendo included them from a developer's perspective. Any other race could have filled their three roles in this game. It just seems kind of random that they're there at all. I'm not complaining - I actually enjoyed Gorko, I just think its a bit odd.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The third runs the mine cart mini game.

I know that it makes perfect sense for the Gorons to exist at this point in history, but I'm wondering why Nintendo included them from a developer's perspective. Any other race could have filled their three roles in this game. It just seems kind of random that they're there at all. I'm not complaining - I actually enjoyed Gorko, I just think its a bit odd.

I feel like the developers just really really like the Gorons, considering that we've seen them in pretty much every game released since OoT (I think they were only absent from FS). Some of these games took place in lands that had nothing to do with Hyrule proper, like OoX, PH or ST, yet Gorons still found a way to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom