• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If All of Our Villains Formed a Group

This is part of my "If we had a group of villains" topic I came up with earlier. I actually thought of this after a similar topic about all of the villains in a game together. One comment I read said that all of the villains together, or a group in general, wouldn't work because we couldn't develop them, which I personally don't agree with. From what I seen, character development or personalities shine when you give the character someone else to speak to, show what they think of that person and how they act around that person. For that, I think villains can develop or be shown at their best if you give them more characters to work with. I've watched years worth of Transformers, I've read comics with villains joining forces and I've even seen casts of villains developed or get their characters known on Power Rangers, and I think something like this could work if given to a story writer or someone qualified to do it who can work. Much like how I say a new Zelda cartoon could work if given to someone like Greg Weisman, I think the idea of villains uniting, though that might take some kind of explanation, let's just say resurrection, could work.

So for that, I want to know how a group of villains of your choosing could work together and how they'd react to one another.

I can't really list my own thoughts yet, let's just say if Vaati were there, I'd see him as "The Starscream" to Ganondorf.

That's a very interesting concept. Applying it to Zelda, I believe this would work best in pairs. Ganondorf-Demise, Ghirahim-Vaati, Majora-Zant, Onox-Veran. You may question some of these choices but everything fits together nicely. Power hungry, pale (lol), insane, and well a natural couple. I'm sorry if I misunderstood this thread completely. Interesting idea.

That's a very interesting concept. Applying it to Zelda, I believe this would work best in pairs. Ganondorf-Demise, Ghirahim-Vaati, Majora-Zant, Onox-Veran. You may question some of these choices but everything fits together nicely. Power hungry, pale (lol), insane, and well a natural couple. I'm sorry if I misunderstood this thread completely. Interesting idea.

Okay, you kind of understood. Let me rephrase, imagine the Legion of Doom but with villains from various Zelda games. And I do mean the villains and not bosses or minor bad guys like King Bulbin or the vire from the Oracle games.

Let's just pick 3 in general and I'll describe how it could work
Ganondorf: Leader who is ruthless and commanding.
Vaati: Like I said, could play The Starscream because his goals would involve something different.
Onox: Because he's a servant of Twinrova, I'm just going to assume that extends to being Ganondorf's servant, clashing with Vaati.

Even if the character of some villains would work out well in the same game together, I would not like it if we used already-established villains in a group together. As far as I'm concerned, some of our villains are more of the "serving type". Like, they're pretty much only evil because either they are manipulated or their master is evil. But for the others... it'd just be chaos, as they'd eventually fight over the power amongst themselves and it'd lead to their downfall--even without Link to stop them, they'd probably fail.

And--think about what this would do to the timeline theories. They'd be all sideways, flip-flopped, tangled, and... well, really, really messed up. I understand that Nintendo is still building off the timeline, but they probably wouldn't even know what to do with it at that point. It'd make no sense as to why you would see all of them together in the same period of time.

It's a neat idea, but not for a game within the Zelda franchise. That's not to say, I wouldn't want a group of villains in a future Legend of Zelda game. I just don't see how it would work out with all the villains we've seen so far. I wouldn't mind a re-appearance of one or two of them, though. As long as it makes enough sense that I can enjoy the game without being distracted by how it would play out.

Since Bellum is one of the lamest villains in the series, primarily because he has no personality, I can see him being reduced to a "pet" for one of the villains, serving a role similar to the Helmaroc King's, although I think his allegiance would be to Majora, who seems more deserving of being the Starscream to Ganondorf. I haven't gotten far enough into Minish Cap, nor have I played Four Swords Adventures, so I can't say whether or not Vaati should be a Starscream.

Twinrova would likely resume their role of Co-Dragons, although I think they should appear more frequently, like Ghirahim did. Ghirahim could either regard Ganondorf as a mere shadow of Demise's glory, or praise him as the second coming of Demise.

V

violetneko

I can see Demise bossing Ganondorf around. Vaati would be a Starscream. (And, at Phantom Roxas... Bellum as a pet would be hilarious :P)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom