• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas for the Next Zelda

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How about going back and trying to improve on Twilight Princess using that as a starting point. That was a spiritual successor to OOT featuring a similar style, smoother gameplay and combat, bigger world and a more fleshed out story. The next entry logically would improve again in those areas. Well Suckward Sword didn't improve anything over TP and BoTW only added a bigger world but regressed in all other areas.

Storytelling in the series is worse than it was 11 years ago and combat is more basic. Other fantasy RPG's such as the Witcher 3 have created better and bigger open worlds and improved on all the other areas as well. Taking storytelling and combat to new levels miles ahead of what Zelda currently offers.

Ideas for a new Zelda.

Large open world

Meaningful sidequests fleshing out stories of involved characters

Well thought out main plot

In depth main characters and villain

Combat that improves on TP's introducing hidden skills and making the combat skill based rather than being able to 1 hit kill everything if you have a big enough sword

A more realistic artstyle akin to TP, not this toon crap

Proper cities and not another post apocalyptic world that Nintendo are too lazy to populate

Oh, certainly there are many things Zelda could incorporate to make it quite a bit more exquisite. Most namely, more reptile species/characters... namely snakes! I do wish Nintendo would add a race of snakes to the game, just like how we have fish races, bird, etc. Perhaps also, more story elements and character development related to reptiles and snakes.

ray138

a Mid-West Monster of the Highest Grade
Oh, certainly there are many things Zelda could incorporate to make it quite a bit more exquisite. Most namely, more reptile species/characters... namely snakes! I do wish Nintendo would add a race of snakes to the game, just like how we have fish races, bird, etc. Perhaps also, more story elements and character development related to reptiles and snakes.

"Snakes" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Ropes", please. ;)

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
The Zelda producer said that there already in the works of the next Zelda game.
I wonder what there gonna make but here are my guesses .
Zelda skyward sword on switch.
A new Zelda game on 3ds
Zelda twilight princess on 3ds
A sequel to breath of the wild.

Now the game I really want them to make is a 3ds Zelda game with the graphics of Oot 3D and Mm 3D.
That would be awesome if we got a game with that kinda graphics style.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'd rather have TP style graphics than more OoT graphics.

TP 3D is highly unlikely, but I may consider getting it if it comes out, as it is my favorite Zelda game.

SS HD, or SS Switch I would also buy, as I don't even own SS. I just borrow my friend's copy, and I also love that game.

New 3ds Zelda? Probably not. Maybe a cruddy TFH kinda game, or finally putting MC on it

BoTW Sequel? Yes and no. Yes, because the game is probably gonna run very similar to BoTW, but no because a sequel implies that it almost immediately follows the events of the previous game, meaning the sequel would be after Calamity Ganon, and would have all of the same characters. That is not something I hope for. Reusing the old BoTW map would be acceptable, but not preferred, as I'd rather explore something new, but that's highly unlikely unless they pull that "It has been 10000 years so we can do whatever we want" crap again.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
None of the above.

Skyward Sword is a terrible game best left forgotten. Breath of the Wild took a bold step away from so many of the pitfalls that modern Zelda games have fallen into. We don't need more hallways (and Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess are just hallways with some extra color thrown in).

We need more games along the lines of Breath of the Wild. A franchise can't boast of exploration and discovery, but railroad players into a set experience. The closest game in the series to BotW is the original Legend of Zelda, a game that opens with little direction outside of a sword and an empty map.

So, no. Zelda should keep moving forward.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
I respect your opinion but skyward sword and twilight princess are not hallways with colors.
It may not be a open world game but the story to both of them are really good and it’s not about the graphics or open world, it’s about the story within the game, even the producer said that.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I want a prequel to BotW where the first calamity happens and it should show the creation of the divine beasts and guardians. Also it should bring back under water exploration and themed dungeons while using the BotW engine.

Quin

Disaster Master
I just hope the next game doesn't bother trying to squeeze into the timeline.
I hope Nintendo starts ignoring the silly timeline altogether.
I think BOTW proves that they are doing that. That game might aswell just be a reboot.

Anyway, fully agree with Wombat here. BOTW is a step in the right direction and there is no way they can and probably will go back to a more linear Zelda game for their next big console Zelda game. They should just improve on this system for a while, add new elements like swimming ect and more dungeons. Hopefully some cool optional hidden dungeons stuffed in the overworld somewhere. A personal thing of mine, but I want the magic meter back, along with some spells akin to din's fire ect. It doesn't need to go deep, just something would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom