• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I'd be cool with the next Zelda game being in First Person.

I have always imagined Nintendo creating one of the next Zelda games and taking a bold leap by incorporating first-person mode.

Think about it. Standing before the Master Sword in its pedestal for the first time, battles against enemies (for example: think Halo and the energy sword), we already know what its like to shoot a bow in first person mode in Zelda (and other items wouldn't be too difficult to implement like bombs for example)...all from a first-person viewpoint.

This would offer us the chance to immerse ourselves in the splendor of Hyrule's landscapes, landscapes, structures, inhabitants and lore, all through a relatively new lens.

Incorporating this approach would mix the core elements of the franchise presenting a refreshingly new experience for everyone.

The only thing is the game would probably be best if the game and story progression was more linear, not like BOTW/TOTK and the open world was more like OoT/MM/TP/WW. If not, then something similiar to Skyrim but in a much smaller, condense open world.

Thoughts?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I hate first person, it's never done well and makes me feel claustrophobic
if they made a first person zelda with no third person option toggle I would skip it without debate

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd be down for a first person Zelda game, but I tend to just prefer first person games as a whole. They give me a greater feeling of immersion. Unfortunately, I think it's emphasize Link's lack of characterization, since a game spending more time in first person would probably spend less time panning out the camera to look at him during conversations.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Meh. I'm not a fan of first person usually. I'm playing a first person game right now in Fallout New Vegas, and while it's a great game, I keep finding myself doing a 360 because I don't like being able to see behind me. I like a free camera. Also what's the point of outfits or character customization if you can't see it??

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
First-person ruined Resident Evil and is something I still believe is holding 3D Metroid back. I got nothing against first-person games in general, I do love me a good shooter and it definitely works for horror games, though for me personally, just doesn't suit Resident Evil very well, and neither would it Zelda.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I can see a first person Zelda working. I mean there is the DOOM hack that’s recreates Zelda 1 pretty flawlessly. As long as it keeps the general gameplay of Zelda it could work through given Nintendo’s recent track record that might be too much to ask.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Meh. I'm not a fan of first person usually. I'm playing a first person game right now in Fallout New Vegas, and while it's a great game, I keep finding myself doing a 360 because I don't like being able to see behind me. I like a free camera. Also what's the point of outfits or character customization if you can't see it??
our field of view is pretty close to 180 both horizontally and vertically. Video game FOVs are usually like... 90 degrees
third person video games are actually way better at replicating our field of view than first person games are
plus, we have other senses like binaural hearing that help let us triangulate things behind us that aren't nearly as accurate in video games

I totally agree with all your other points too

No thanks. I'd hafta skip out on that if they did. FP makes me dizzy and sometimes nauseous for some dumb reason. (I live in 1st person so it shouldn't. )

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
agreed with most of the group no first person for me like its like my hearing is my vision so if you cut the vision its makes my hearing reduces...

To be honest, I think I remember hearing someone made a first person fan project of the first Zelda on the NES, probably using the Doom engine. Then again, we can always make Zelda Dungeons in Minecraft, :P. But I'm normally not a fan of first person games, only Exceptions being Minecraft, and Metroid Prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom