• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom I wonder if Nintendo will be doing a Hearthfire DLC kind of thing?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I'm glad that we got to use the building mechanics in TotK to make a house.

But the process is surprisingly limiting right now. It seems as if we can only build using green paint as an exterior color instead of making each section any color we want. And we are currently limited to only having 15 segments to our house while being provided with like 25 rooms and other building materials.

So I cannot help but wonder if Nintendo is going to expand upon the house-building mechanic and give us an overhaul as a DLC pack, kinda like what Skyrim did but more customizable?

I can easily see us not just getting one plot of land, but perhaps a plot of land nearby each village in the game. I could easily see us having a Beachside home in Lurelin Village as a bonus thank you for eliminating the Pirate Bokoblins and restoring the village, granting us a plot of beachside land to build a home upon that is more tropical themed. I could easily see Link having a Sandstone Manor being built between Gerudo Town and the Oasis, a flat bit of bedrock that was blown away by the desert sands after the Sand Shroud is solved. They could easily give us a new plot of land to construct a home in Hateno since Zelda claimed the home we bought in TotK as her own. Perhaps even making an outpost of sorts in the depths beneath Lookout Landing by adding in a new cavern area for Link to dwell within as an outpost for the Depths Research Team?

And that is just the basics of one way Nintendo could run this down.
The other is of course just giving us more rooms to choose from and allow us to place down 20 or 25 features to our house outside Terry Town while also choosing the paint-colors if need be.

However I do DOUBT that Nintendo would make such a DLC be just more housing and house customization. I suspect that Nintendo would likely add this on as a feature to a later DLC, so while the story gets a major expansion and the overworld gets some new islands in the sky and the Depths get some new landmark features; it would make sense that housing would also get some attention.

At least that is one thing I hope. Because honestly I am annoyed that out of all the houses in Terry Town's style of architecture, our home always appears to be the most boring. Heck, give us some excavation ability by adding in a basement segment to our building so that we don't just have an upstairs but also an underground to our home. Perfect place to add a room such as the Horned Statue getting a worship spot in our home.

Thoughts anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom