• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art I Made Some Zelda Stuff

Djinn

and Tonic
These have been on Deviantart for a while now. But this place seems appropriate too.

Picture 213.jpgPicture 210.jpgrupees_2_by_natfoe-d31xixr.jpgGale_Boomerang_by_Natfoe.jpg

When I am not drawing things, I like making them. I am pretty much wiling to learn any craft given the time. And the sword has a real steel blade, the Rupee wallet is real leather with a brass and wood symbol on the face. The Boomerang is wood and leather.
pencil.png

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They look so....great! Would you be willing to sell those? Nah, I'm just kidding, but they really do look great! I call dibs on the Kokiri Sword! :D

Djinn

and Tonic
You're starting to sound like Ganondorf, RP... "Give me the Spiritual Stones!"

Well, those are really impressive, Djinn. I'm really admiring your hand-crafting skills. I think the best I made was a Wind Waker out of paper clips, but these are incredible. Are you planning on making any more any time soon?

Thanks, I had planned on making a Wind Waker Baton myself but never got around to starting it. I have a couple more items as well

Bottlefairy.jpgLoZ_Sword_by_Natfoe.jpgWhite_Sword_by_Natfoe.jpg

The white sword is made of aluminum. I have plans for making a few other things as well but a combination of work and some random commissions for other people have taken up too much of my time in the last few months. The rest of my non Zelda Related things are mostly on my Deviantart page. http://natfoe.deviantart.com/

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Amazing! Have I seen some of this stuff on North Castle before?

I have thought thought of making the Gale Boomerang with real feathers, or the Bremen Mask, but have never gotten around to it. I have some Sculpey things on my own DA page (listed in my sig below)... I think I already showed ZD my Epona. I love fan-crafts like this... there's just something about them that's neater than 2D fan art.

The rupees - were they purchased somewhere (glass or plastic) or made from something? If made, where do I find transparent sculpting material like that?

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I gotta say this is really creative and looks great!

You should be really proud of your work, and if you ever decide to make more or sell some.... ;) (Contact me!!!)
Keep up the fantastic work!

Djinn

and Tonic
Amazing! Have I seen some of this stuff on North Castle before?

I have thought thought of making the Gale Boomerang with real feathers, or the Bremen Mask, but have never gotten around to it. I have some Sculpey things on my own DA page (listed in my sig below)... I think I already showed ZD my Epona. I love fan-crafts like this... there's just something about them that's neater than 2D fan art.

The rupees - were they purchased somewhere (glass or plastic) or made from something? If made, where do I find transparent sculpting material like that?

Thanks, I have always been a fan of crafted things myself.

There shouldn't be anything of mine on North Castle. I do not think I have ever been there before. But the rupees I made myself. Like the stones from the spiritual stones they are cast in a mold with clear epoxy resin and color dye. The original pieces were made of sculpy, but I then use Allumilite silicone mold maker to create a mold out of them. Then it is just pouring the clear resin mix into the molds and waiting for them to dry. Simple process but it does take a lot of drying/curing time.

I also forgot another thing I made a while back but didn't post here.

Picture 299.jpg
It is the Book of Mudora. Actually it is a fake leather bound box in the shape of a book that I painted the triforce symbol and the Hylian script from Sarneili's site on the front.
http://www.hyrulerealm.net/ I keep a lot of things like rupees and other spare parts for future projects in it. I had planned on making some other things like the Magic sword from Zelda AOL box art, the Four Sword, Mask of Truth, but recent work has really slowed me down.

I also made Spiritual Stones for several other tribes of Hyrule but that is a little more OC so I decided not to post them in this thread.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Wow!That is amazing. Who knew there were so many creative Zelda fans on ZD? I love it! Especially the fairy in the bottle. :)

Beeker

Wild Card
Wow, I love these! These are amazing. =D
Definitely want to see more of these. Keep the fantastic work up!

R

Reyenn

Oh my gosh those are amazing! Now I'm going to have to find some epoxy resin and try to make molds!!! I would totally buy earrings with those spiritual stones on them, those look so amazing I am totally obsessed! AND the fairy bottles would look totally awesome on my bookshelf, hahahaha. You should be proud of such works of art!

Djinn

and Tonic
Oh my gosh those are amazing! Now I'm going to have to find some epoxy resin and try to make molds!!! I would totally buy earrings with those spiritual stones on them, those look so amazing I am totally obsessed! AND the fairy bottles would look totally awesome on my bookshelf, hahahaha. You should be proud of such works of art!

Thankyou Reyenn. The epoxy resin is easily found in Hobby Lobby if you wanted to try out casting yourself.

These are INSANE! How on earth did you make all of these? I can draw, but I can't at all sculpt and create like you can.

On my deviantart page I answered a similar question on how I made some of these. Basically I made a rupee out of sculpy, then baked it. I then took the sculpy rupee and set it in a watertight box and poured Allumilite Silicone mold maker over it. After the silicone dried I then took the sculpy rupee out and then mixed some Cast N' Craft clear epoxy resin with color dye added, poured it into the silicone mold and after 14 hours it dried into a clear plastic rupee. The Allumilite silicone and Cast N' Craft materials can be found at Hobby Lobby easily. Allumilite also sells a complete beginners kit which give you all you need to make your own simple molds and opaque resin to recreate anything you molded.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/alumilite-mini-casting-kit-579714/

Micromark also sells the mold maker, resin, clear resin and color dye. http://www.micromark.com/

I also linked this article which will give anyone the basic idea of how the process is done. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/242040.page
It goes over the step by step process with pics on how a mold is made and how a copy can be cast from the mold. Using that technique anything can be recreated given the time and imagination. I have links to other tutorials for molding and casting if needed as well.

R

Reyenn

Seems like you put A LOT of effort into your stuff! It'll take some time to learn for me, but I'll teach myself sometime in the near future. How did you make the spiritual stones though? Were they in one part? Or did you make the gems and metal pieces separately and fix them together afterward? Also how long have you been practicing making things like that? I feel obnoxious asking so many questions but these are really cool and I'd love to add molding/casting into the large list of random crafts I do. :D

Djinn

and Tonic
Seems like you put A LOT of effort into your stuff! It'll take some time to learn for me, but I'll teach myself sometime in the near future. How did you make the spiritual stones though? Were they in one part? Or did you make the gems and metal pieces separately and fix them together afterward? Also how long have you been practicing making things like that? I feel obnoxious asking so many questions but these are really cool and I'd love to add molding/casting into the large list of random crafts I do. :D

I try to make them as authentic as I can. But the stones are two parts each. The gem parts are made the same way as the rupees, sculpy original, molded, then recast with clear resin. Then I used pardo jewelry clay to craft the gold parts. It is a much harder type of clay, along the same lines as Fimo hard or Premo clay.

And as far as practicing making things, I have been doing things like this for years. Normally I am always willing to learn a new craft. either sculpting, smithing, jewelrysmithnig, tooling, or carving. I love learning new skills. Some of these used a combination of things I have learned in the past. Like with the Gale Boomerang above, it is carved from wood but I could not come up with a decent piece for the gold parts on it. At least nothing that would look decent and I was not content with just painting the designs on them. So I decided to use tooled leather since I could easily stamp the swirl designs in them and paint the whole thing gold. Also the bottle fairy was easy since I had played around with leds in the past. All I really needed was a bottle that looked the part.

And you shouldn't feel too bad asking questions like that. I have a history of pestering various artists on how they accomplish what they make. Actually just yesterday I began asking a carver several questions on how he crafted his drinking horns. I would love to make a few of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom