• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I just realized how Nintendo is probably going to give us TWW and TP on the Switch...

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I can see it now.

Nintendo Switch Online gets a GameCube Virtual Console.

And The Wind Waker & Twilight Princess are finally granted to us.

The Bad News - We don't get The Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD.

The Good News - We get TWW, TP, Four Swords Adventures, and Four Swords Adventures+.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Uh, well, can't say I would miss the HD games because the bloom in both of those is really painful. I say this as someone who owns both & hates them because of that in the HD versions. I can't even stomach TP HD. I legit get migraines from that version being so crisp & I haven't been able to play it again since I bought it with the Wolf Link Amiibo forever ago.

Also I kinda hope not. Like, I do not want a Gamecube collection on Switch, because that'd be even more subscription fees... no thanks. I'd also hate spending $40-$60 per game if they released them, but also- I would own them. And be able to play them when I wanted to instead of paying a yearly fee. Yes, it's technically more to spend at first, but I'm gonna like it much more 5 years down the line or if I don't have internet. The added N64 price is already too much for what it is & I am forever thankful I bought all my physical N64 cartridges before the huge price boom. I'd rather just have a game collection like the Mario one that came out on Switch, even if that was limited time... because then I don't feel like I'm renting it.

Edit: Also, the streaming of Switch online is BAD with 3D stuff from what I have seen. Choppy-choppy & quality is yucky in a lot of games.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
And I will continue to emulate them. I don't like Nintendo Switch Online and I don't like that they're using it as a way to tie customers into a subscription that gives them a worse version of the game than they could get through emulation.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
So? The HD versions are hardly inaccessible at this point and they're not what I would consider the definitive versions of the games

This is such a good deal compared to the alternative of releasing the ported HD versions for $60 that Nintendo would never do it

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
So? The HD versions are hardly inaccessible at this point and they're not what I would consider the definitive versions of the games

This is such a good deal compared to the alternative of releasing the ported HD versions for $60 that Nintendo would never do it
I'd still rather they just port up the HD versions. Knowing Nintendo they'll port forward the original Wind Waker and Twilight Princess releases without giving us the ability to play in a modern aspect ratio. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if they left the key bindings unchanged.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'd still rather they just port up the HD versions. Knowing Nintendo they'll port forward the original Wind Waker and Twilight Princess releases without giving us the ability to play in a modern aspect ratio. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if they left the key bindings unchanged.
The HD versions are still available on Wii U which is a 1080p console. The GCN versions of these games have had their prices go through the roof and accessibility is continually getting lower. There's a clear choice here

I’d rather have the original versions with some kinda upscaling. The amount of bloom especially in WWHD is crazy. TP I don’t really care about but to my knowledge you can’t do much of the early glitches and skips in the HD version.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The HD versions are still available on Wii U which is a 1080p console. The GCN versions of these games have had their prices go through the roof and accessibility is continually getting lower. There's a clear choice here
A console that is no longer officially available and whose online store has been shut down. Emulation is still a better option.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I made this thread as more of a sh*tpost but am glad to see such a discussion to have sprouted from it.

Honestly though, we can all agree that the additions/modifications to the HD versions GAMEPLAY WISE were welcome additions... except the stamps from TP for Mii Verse.
Bad Nintendo, making a stamp be so out of the way on a dungeon that requires me to waste a 2 minutes of time to get to because of the Peahats taking so long.

Honestly though, if TP and TWW were to come to the Switch, I would prefer the HD version WITH the bloom reduced BUT ALSO with a fix to TP HD so that you can play it in reversed mode on first playthrough and then Master Mode being either standard or reversed as the player chooses.

I'd love a WWHD port on the Switch, but with less bloom, and maybe something to replace the Tingle Tuner/Bottle since both are now obsolete. Sadly, I think they're probably gonna try the NSO route... I hope not, but knowing how Nintendo is these days, I'm not holding my breath.
In the meantime, if I wanna play WWHD I can just dust off my WiiU, I suppose. But for now, I'm preoccupied with TotK and the WW Randomizer.

I can see it now.

Nintendo Switch Online gets a GameCube Virtual Console.

And The Wind Waker & Twilight Princess are finally granted to us.

The Bad News - We don't get The Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD.

The Good News - We get TWW, TP, Four Swords Adventures, and Four Swords Adventures+.

Four sword adventures + but with online/local multiplayer co op for the campaign and shadow battle as well as Tetras Trackers in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom