• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Hear Ubisoft's Watchdogs Will Be on Wii U. Will The Version Be On Par With PS4's?

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
The title says it all. Do you think Wii U's version of Watchdogs will be on par graphically with it's Sony and possibly Microsoft counterpart?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Graphically on par? No.

On par or surpassing the other versions in unique features? Possibly.

I read an article stating that Ubisoft is unsure how to use the Wii U's GamePad in Watch Dogs. I expect some map functionality and not much more.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's gonna be on the PS3 and 360 as well, right? Wouldn't it be the same as those two?

Edit: Honestly, we don't even know if the PS4 version is going to be a different version or a port like TP Wii or quite a few games the Wii U got at launch.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Graphically on par with the PS4 and Nextbox? That's impossible. The Wii U tech is little more than the PS3, and the PS4 is leagues (exponentiated) beyond the PS3. There will be no contest graphically: PS4 will win on Watch Dogs and every game thereon out.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would doubt Ubisoft, who have no doubt been developing a game like Watch_Dogs for several years, will have taken the time to make a unique version just for the PS4.

The game is on 360, PS3 and Wii U, three consoles which are all on the same basic level when it comes to graphics, right? They'll all be running the same version of the game, right? For the PS4 version to be any different, Ubisoft will have had to put in months of extra work and re-tool the game's engine to work with the PS4's architecture, right? Meaning they'd basically need to have a totally different version of the game just for the PS4, right? Which would be a silly thing to waste time on considering the vast majority of their sales will be on 360 and PS3, right? tIt'd be easier to just port the existing version onto PS4, right?

I would wager money that the PS4 version will not be noticably different to any other version. It might load faster, who knows. But look different? Let's all just be serious again, for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom