• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors I hate the RNG nature of bosses in this game

A boss could expose it's weak point in 3 seconds or in 3 minutes. It's all RNG. This makes speed runs (basically all A rank runs) luck as if you'll get the boss weakness exposed enough times and within time.

Of cause you can bypass this by using a special attack while in green magic mode on the boss. But that is not something you can do over and over in a short space of time.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
RNG god i swear bosses have a special desire sensor you want to kill em quick NOPE you want them to survive to kill them last NOPE. Goddamn Bosses, i'd say they are poor bosses but the only one i truly loathe is Manhandla that thing can hit like a truck and just slaughter you from a distance.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sometimes you get really unlucky, but you can reliably bait most bosses into doing their weakpoint attack. If not, just hit Restart Battle.

A rank runs are usually (beat mission in no more than 15 minutes) iirc, which is good for the pick up and play sessions...

Yeah a lot of bosses have a specific distance or movement pattern that will help you trigger it. For instance with Dodongo, I've found standing just about far enough away to be out of his flame breath will trigger the fireball attack fairly often.

And seriously, you want the king of all time wasters? Friggin' Imprisoned. Stupid belly flop. JUST STAND UP ALREADY I HAVE 45 SECONDS LEFT DAMNIT!

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
Of all the beast bosses I hate Dodongo the most. DUDE JUST GO BLAST A FIREBALL! I don't want you rolling 10,000x and stomping the ground without proper signals of how to get him to BREATHE! Sometimes it took so long I just kept hitting him until he dropped dead.

Yep. Trying to get an A on some levels and being stopped because of timing issues with the boss always frustrated me, because that's not really the fault of the player. There was some level with a bunch of Imprisoned we had a terrible time with because they'd do that belly flop thing too much.

Sometimes you get really unlucky, but you can reliably bait most bosses into doing their weakpoint attack. If not, just hit Restart Battle.

A rank runs are usually (beat mission in no more than 15 minutes) iirc, which is good for the pick up and play sessions...
Time on the type of level, if I recall correctly (e.g.; quizzes are about 10, and killing enemies in keeps are like 7)

And yes, I totally agree, **** Manhandla

NintendoCN

Team Captain
RNG is most widely used to create an artificial difficulty, just look at any FE game, the RNG is what makes them hard.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I loath Dodongo sometimes. The other day I had to replay a mission because Dodongo was wasting my final 4 minutes to get the A rank by doing nothing but jumping and rolling. I wasted my magic already so I couldn't ko him by force end FS. I abord the mission and restarted the battle and saved enough magic to ko him. Thank god I did because AGAIN he was doing nothing but his stupid jumping and rolling moves.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I find Manhandla easier to beat than Dodongo. Just keep your shield up and you should be safe from the the pellet storm.

I find Manhandla easier to beat than Dodongo. Just keep your shield up and you should be safe from the the pellet storm.
Both are not hard but that's not the point. The point is how much time they waste doing ****ing nothing, while waiting for it to expose it's weakpoint.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Both are not hard but that's not the point. The point is how much time they waste doing ****ing nothing, while waiting for it to expose it's weakpoint.
Exactly! And in Legends it gets even worse. When you've got multi playable characters, they make it a habit to hide themselves like they know they're going to be hunted down. Ganon can be a complete jackass too. He keeps on slamming around for many freaking minutes and can easily screw up an A rank.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I must say I usually experience the following:
Dodongo: 1st time I get close: weak point expose almost immediately. After that RNG.
Manhandla: Far more weak point exposes.

It's probably due to the variety of attacks Dodongo has.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Exactly! And in Legends it gets even worse. When you've got multi playable characters, they make it a habit to hide themselves like they know they're going to be hunted down. Ganon can be a complete jackass too. He keeps on slamming around for many freaking minutes and can easily screw up an A rank.

I agree about Ganon. I always seem to have the worst RNG luck with him. Dodongos are the opposite. I usually have great RNG with them and beat them fairly easily. Though when I do get a bad pattern with them, it can be really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom