• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Don't Consider Myself Lucky This Generation

To be honest, Microsoft is really the only console that they built that has little survivability, it's gotten now that it's on what must be around it's 4th or 5th version, yet they still fail to make a console that doesn't break.

What the hell is with that? Well my theory on the subject is that Microsoft use poor quality materials to produce their console as it provides two advantages to them (although it also has a downside that'll highlight later). Firstly, by using weak, cheap materials the cost to produce the console it less and they can gain maximum profit from every console they sell. Secondly, a lot of people still have the need to play their favourite games on the Xbox 360, so they buy another one as their original breaks, thus allowing Microsoft to gain even more profit. This, as I said before, is just my personal theory. An example of how bad the Xbox 360 is this, search 'Disc tray' in Google Search and look at what most of the results are.

As far as I know, the PS3 and Nintendo Wii have a much greater survivability than the Xbox 360, it seems that Sony and Nintendo wish to make money while creating a console that doesn't die because of the most simple of reasons. My own Wii has fallen over a metre onto the pointed corner of a marble fireplace yet the worst thing that become of the accident was a darkish mark on the side of my Wii. Yet one of my old friends Xbox 360's fell over from the floor onto the corner of his Wii Fit board on the floor, and now the console has a large hole in the side that's crushed the disc and the entire section around it.

It seems that while the PS3 you owned has broken, it's not really something that happens a lot to all PS3 consoles, well not on the scale that the Xbox 360 breaks for it's many stupid reasons. I've only heard of one situation in which a Nintendo Wii has broken and that is Kazumi's Wii, that's it, everybody else I know that owns a Wii hasn't had any problem with it in terms of technical problems. For the PS3, you are the only person I have heard of who's PS3 has broken, so in my opinion, they bth have good survivability. Yet if I was to name the situations in which someone's Xbox 360 I could probably name about 3 people, one of which I'm not even sure of, I'm just assuming his console has never broken.

I think the only problem Nintendo has is the problem in which the Nintendo DS's hinge snaps but in over 5 years of using a Nintendo DS, I've had 2 but 1 of which broke because I handled it extremely poorly (like dropping it all over the place), therefore the connections inside had snapped. However, my second DS's hinge snapped recently, but this isn't really causing a problem, it works perfectly well, it just means that the DS screen is on a slightly different angle that is used to be as it doesn't click into place when I lift up the screen, it just flops back. Even then, this DS is second hand and is around 4 or 5 years old as it's a special edition in which only 150,000 where created in America (I think it was America anyway).

So as you can see, I believe that the only current consoles that have major problems are the Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS, but even then the Nintendo DS's don't completely render it useless if you don't get it fixed. However, the Xbox 360's fault usually do, which is rather annoying for people that are having to constantly get their console's fixed or having to buy a totally new one.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
First, I buy an xbox 360. After several months, it wouldn't read the disc despite being clean. o_O I sent the 360 to Microsoft to get it fixed. Comes back even worse than before because the 360 actually scratched one of my games. :mad: Got rid of it.

Then, I buy a PS3. After several months (or as of 2-3 days ago), the system freezes and can't come back on :mad:. I contact Sony to try and resolve the issue. Nothing worked :cry:. I'm really considering of getting rid of it.

It is kinda sad when my NES still works yet two nest-gen consoles doesn't. I just gotta hope my Wii won't die on me.

Wow, a PS3 froze? I have one and mine will turn back on if it ever freezes. It even survived a lightning storm. Or so I think. Did you get the yellow light of death?

xbox: whole console dies every week
playstation: console spazzes out every week
wii: dvd drive breaks every week

pick your poison

Master Kokiri 9
Never really had a problem with my Wii. The worst thing that ever happened to it was that it froze, and that was like two years ago. And it did turn back on after I messed around with the power button, and that was it.

Funny thing, thats excactly what happened with my DS. I have a DS and a GC, and i havent had any major problems with either(yet:lol:). ( I also got a Wii online, and it should get here tomorrow, im so eager!:awkward: )

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The show X-did something like this only it was a long time ago when the popular systems were the X-box, PS2 and gamecube. In the end result The gamecube was the toughest. I find generally that nintendo tends to make much sturdier consels. I used to joke with people and say "You could throw a gamecube against the wall and it will probably work better." But, and I really hope I'm not too late on this, please reconsider getting rid of the PS3. Chances are it's something minor. (A lot of people have problems like these with their new systems sometimes.) You've only had it for a month so you probably don't know, but the Ps3 is a great system to, not only for games, but for a variety of things. There's some commercials around where they say it does everything, they're not lying.

O

OniLink

were living in a time when stuffs built cheaply its as simple as that.
its really annoy because you pay hundreds of pounds for machine and it breaks on you, aghh

O

OrlovYan

My 360 is almost 2 years old and no RROD at all, I think I can consider myself lucky :)

D

Darktimeleader

You've only had it for a month so you probably don't know, but the Ps3 is a great system to, not only for games, but for a variety of things. There's some commercials around where they say it does everything, they're not lying.
Does it Transform into Chuck Norris? No, so it won't do EVERYTHING. That is going in my Signature! LOL. Put that aside now... I like the Wii, the PS3 is ok, but i don't like the 360 because the RROD, I could NEVER stand having it, wanting my money with its stupid red ring.

Tom

I do miss the days when the Game Boy could survive a nuclear bomb being dropped on it....

^ This. I have my 64 for 11 years and it's still working. So is my GBA (I've been dropping it on the ground since I was 8), so is my cousin's SNES. Today's videogames just seem made to break after warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom