• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Chose the WORST November to Try Out NaNoWriMo.

Seriously, I've wanted to try writing a 50,000+ novel for quite a while.... and at the same time, this gaming season is looking absolutely wonderful with Skyrim, SM3DL, and Skyward Sword. Will I be able to make it? x_X Has anyone here done it before? How long does it take to write 1667 words, usually? I'd say it feels like only an hour or two, but I may be wrong.

GearHim said:
How long does it take to write 1667 words, usually? I'd say it feels like only an hour or two, but I may be wrong.

Depends on how fast you can type. If you can type 70-80 WPM, it'd take around 23 or so minutes. 50 WPM would be 33, and so on.

To answer your other question, no I've never tried NaNoWriMo before.

The whole idea of NaNoWriMo is to write an entirely new novel fresh. You can create an outline and brainstorm a bit, but that's all.

Seriously, I've wanted to try writing a 50,000+ novel for quite a while.... and at the same time, this gaming season is looking absolutely wonderful with Skyrim, SM3DL, and Skyward Sword. Will I be able to make it? x_X Has anyone here done it before? How long does it take to write 1667 words, usually? I'd say it feels like only an hour or two, but I may be wrong.

I tried NaNo last year, but didn't do so well owing to the fact that I moved across the country that month. As long as you pace yourself, you should be able to do it. A lot of us doing NaNo are planning on using a "reward" system -- for me, I will not allow myself to play any video games until I've reached my word count for the day. Others allow themselves an hour of gaming/TV/whatever for every 1,000 words. It's up to you. As for how long it takes to write 1,667 words, I can't answer that for you. It depends on if you're typing or handwriting, how fast you are at either, and how well your ideas are flowing at the time. Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom