• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Can't Get Over This

Yes they are very nice graphics. One day I am sure we will get OOT HD. Its only a waiting game after all. Nintendo love milking the most critically acclaimed game of all time and rereleasing it over and over again.

If they do remake it, which they probably will for their next console if not sooner, I don't think the graphics would be this nice.

How many friggin remakes do you guys need? I think we have enough OoT remakes. The Collector's Disc for the Gamecube and the OoT3D for the 3DS is suffice enough.

Its not like I want another remake but its going to happen for almost every console because it makes so much money. Some consider it one of the best video games every created.

Looks and sounds great certainly, but I'm sick of Nintendo milking the remakes. Something like ALBW is to LTTP or TP is to OoT is always welcome, but I did not think WWHD was necessary, and TPHD is kind of insulting for the price they want. We have the Virtual Console and collection packs, which are fine, but if they're just going to repackage the same game with updated graphics for full price, it better be stunning enough to knock me on my ass if I'm going to shell out the cash.

Example of good remake: The Mario All Stars pack collection for SNES. Absolutely amazing sound/music and graphics, removed unfairness and technical limitations or glitches, fair price. Same for the All Stars + SMW version.

Example of lazy remake: The 25th Anniversary version of All Stars for the Wii. Changed absolutely zilch from the SNES version. The games do hold up on their own, but for $30-$50 new, I would've at least expected the graphics and sound to be updated to 2.5D. Or just straight up used a modified version of the NSMB engine, with the option to switch graphical styles. They did this with Mario Maker though, and it was awesome.

Edit: That turned into a rant, didn't it. Sorry dudes. Ignore me :lol:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Example of lazy remake: The 25th Anniversary version of All Stars for the Wii. Changed absolutely zilch from the SNES version. The games do hold up on their own, but for $30-$50 new, I would've at least expected the graphics and sound to be updated to 2.5D. Or just straight up used a modified version of the NSMB engine, with the option to switch graphical styles. They did this with Mario Maker though, and it was awesome.

Edit: That turned into a rant, didn't it. Sorry dudes. Ignore me :lol:
this was when i started to loathe nintendo

How many friggin remakes do you guys need? I think we have enough OoT remakes. The Collector's Disc for the Gamecube and the OoT3D for the 3DS is suffice enough.
Tell me good sir, how one can play their Zelda Collectors Edition disc on their WiiU?

Also OOT3DS is the only proper remake, the rest are just ports.

An HD OoT remake is inevitable I think. Though I'd love to see them make it open world but maintain the same general plot.
That would be a reboot. Nothing Nintendo have not done before. Nintendo are up to their 2nd reboot (3rd game) of the original Star Fox Story.
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 64
  • Star Fox Zero

well you can softmod the vwii and put in nintendont on it and there you go
granted you can't use the actual disc,but that is a way of playing the game on wii u
True since cpu-wise the WiiU is just a glorified GC, you can do this. But it's a lot of effort and most will not go that ar and just buy them on the WiiU eShop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom