• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I am honestly surprised that Metroid Prime Remastered does not have Amiibo Support.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
So it seems that Nintendo has a lot of favoritism when it comes to their Amiibo system in their games.

Zelda and Smash Bros get the most love with how their Amiibo work, espeically with how BotW gives you goodies for each Zelda Amiibo out there and it is likely that Tears of the Kingdom will give us more content per Amiibo (personally I can see the Skyloft Zelda Amiibo summoning a Skyloft for easier sky traversal... or in the very least the Skyloftian Attire that Link wore in Skyward Sword's prologue)

Anyhoo, back to addressing the topic detailed in this post's title.

Why doesn't Metroid Prime offer Amiibo Support? Like we have had a few Amiibo for Metroid come out in recent years and they only seem to do things for one game and that is it. I was honestly expecting for Metroid Prime Remastered to feature the use of an Amiibo to unlock alternate-outfits for Samus to wear; kinda how like in the original Metroid Prime you could use Metroid Fusion to unlock the Fusion Suit to replace the standard suit models for Samus to wear in the game.

Like when I was playing the game I realized that I might be able to use a couple of Samus' amiibo to unlock more alternate outfits for the game to be played with. Instead I find that there is no Amiibo support of any kind. Which is kind of a missed opportunity since the more games an Amiibo can do stuff in, the more utility value an Amiibo gets.

What I was expecting was to be able to use the Metroid Dread Amiibo to be given the option to replace the default Power/Varia/Gravity/Phazon suits with Metroid Dread's depiction of the Neo-Power Suit, the Neo-Varia Suit, the Neo-Gravity Suit, and the Metroid Suit.

I was also expecting to possibly be able to use the Metroid: Samus Returns Amiibo to unlock that game's renditions of the Power/Varia/Gravity Suit, with the Phazon Suit either being a re-color of the Gravity Suit like it is in Prime or possibly having the Phazon Suit be instead swapped out with Samus Returns' rendition of the Fusion Suit.

I was honestly quite surprised for this not to be the case.

Heck, they could have also allowed players to make use of the Super Smash Bros. Amiibo of Samus to allow players to play through Metroid Prime Remastered in the Metroid: Other M design of her suits, with them actually making use of the unused design of Samus' Power Suit from Metroid: Other M for the early third of the game while the Gravity and Phazon suits would just be re-colors of the Metroid: Other M Varia Suit like they are in Smash Bros Ultimate.

Granted Amiibo are a bit overrated.
Just surprised is all. I mean, you make them Nintendo and then you make them function more often as just figurines instead of maximizing the use of the NFC chip to unlock goodies for future releases.

Also I am a bit annoyed with .webm files over-populating the internet and not allowing me to post reference images into this post.

Last edited:
It's understandable that you are disappointed with the lack of Amiibo support in Metroid Prime Remastered. It's possible that the developers chose not to include Amiibo support for various reasons, such as time constraints, technical limitations, or a desire to focus on other aspects of the game. While Amiibo can provide additional content and features in games, it's ultimately up to the developers to decide how they want to utilize them.
As for the prevalence of .webm files, they are a popular format for videos on the internet due to their small file size and ability to be easily shared. However, many websites and forums have limitations on the types of files that can be uploaded, which can be frustrating when trying to share reference images.

RamboBambiBambo

I am merely surprised that Nintendo didn't even offer the function into Metroid Prime Remastered. Like c'mon Nintendo, you INVENTED the Amiibo and yet somehow you don't seek to maximize the potential of these figurines???
They are already a collectible item so adding more features for them to unlock would increase their value as more games are released. Instead most Amiibo just have one small function for one game. Meanwhile the Zelda Amiibos seem to have the most utility as they unlock goodies for use in Breath of the Wild, Hyrule Warriors, Hyrule Warriors AoC, and even SKYRIM. Heck, in Animal Crossing New Leaf you can use Wolf Link's Amiibo to get him as a villager!

Personally I believe that Amiibo should have been a slightly different system. What we should have received are Amiibo Cards so that the Amiibo system could be compact and easily stored away for both travel and in convenient cases. But the Deluxe Edition of an Amiibo would include the statuette.
That is at least how I beleive the Amiibo should have been done. You want the card for the in-game utility? Here you go. You also want a collectible figurine statue to go with it? Deluxe Edition! This allows for people to be less annoyed by what the worst Spyro game (Skylanders) had invented and blighted the world with.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd much rather they not lock content behind amiibo. I wasn't a fan of the other times they've done it and I'm glad it didn't happen in Prime.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
The Metroid Prime remaster is almost exclusively a visual enhancement with very few changes and optional new control schemes, otherwise it's the old game. I don't think there was anything to hide behind an Amiibo. I guess they could have given us a Metroid Dread skin, like the Fusion suit in the Gamecube release. Come to think of it, the Fusion suit itself could also have been an Amiibo feature. But adding more substantial stuff would have used to much time and energy that is both better spent working on Prime 4.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The Metroid Prime remaster is almost exclusively a visual enhancement with very few changes and optional new control schemes, otherwise it's the old game. I don't think there was anything to hide behind an Amiibo. I guess they could have given us a Metroid Dread skin, like the Fusion suit in the Gamecube release. Come to think of it, the Fusion suit itself could also have been an Amiibo feature. But adding more substantial stuff would have used to much time and energy that is both better spent working on Prime 4.
I mean, Prime Remastered and Prime 4 are being developed by different teams. They aren't exactly hogging each other's resources, and I'm not convinced that Prime 4 will ever come up. The fires of development hell are burning hot beneath its feet.

RamboBambiBambo

Amiibo support for a remake makes little sense. Locking content behind a figure is bad practice, anyhow. Imagining people who can't fully experience Twilight Princess HD because they don't have a Wolf Link amiibo is painful.
Yes. Locking GAMEPLAY FEATURES behind an Amiibo Wall is just wrong.
But cosmetic options as merely a bonus feature? I don't see why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom