• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Encyclopedia

Tibari

Rinkuji
Hello, there are some news about the 2nd Zelda book coming in 2017! It's called Hyrule Encyclopedia

Hyrule Encyclopedia has been revealed as the second entry in the Zelda 30th anniversary book series. The first chapter is a visual encyclopedia, and will explain keywords like the Master Sword and Hyrule Kingdom with various images. As for the second chapter, it’s a database with a list of enemies, items, dungeons, and more. The third chapter will contain archives, and will give explanatory notes and storylines of each game.

Source : http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-encyclopedia-revealed-as-second-zelda-30th-anniversary-book/

Do you think this book should be interesting? Will you buy one?
I do and I probably will

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am unsure if I'll get it. I am doubtful it will clear up any unexplained mysteries we wanted to know the answers to. If I hear otherwise I may get it. If not I most likely won't.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I heard of it today, and I'm gonna try and get both Japanese and English if available.

I'm glad they're releasing books, but at the same time I wish they would stop releasing books. Do I look like I have money? Also, I mainly get books like these for the artwork anyway, so like considering only a portion of the books are devoted to the artwork (save for Art & Artifacts, which is literally all official artwork that I'm gambling on to have unreleased art), it really is a ripoff to spend that much money on these books if I'm only really going to be looking at like a third of them. Like, come on, concept books like this are SO PRICEY WHAT THE HELL.

Also, with the last book, Art & Artifacts, preordered, I have this nagging feeling that my mom also probably SWOOPED IN XD and plans on getting me a copy because she likes getting me things herself that she probably should know that I planned on getting and/or already have. Example: at the Symphony of the Goddesses: Master Quest, I picked up that songbook of the movements. And she seemed already bothered that I didn't go to the symphony with her because she has this weird rivalry with my dad now and is mad that I went with him instead. So for my birthday, two months after the symphony, she got me the songbook of amazon and I'm just like staring at it all stupid-like because I guess I am unable to tell my face to lie. But, like, I even told her, right after the symphony, on facebook, that I got the songbook while I was there. Because she was hounding me about it, probably like she wanted a play by play because she needed EVIDENCE that I went. Like, with how weird she's gotten, I'm not even sure if it's intentional passive aggression or not. Idk, it's just annoying. I mean, great, I got a free duplicate but what do I do with it? Keep it? Sell it?

Anyway, I'll probably wait to see if Dark Horse decides to publish it before I consider preordering. I wouldn't mind having a Japanese import, since a good chunk of my game artbooks are, but at this point, preordered imports are handled differently than just importing them after they're released, and I do not have a Japanese amazon account, so I'll just wait on it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think it sounds really interesting, and I'll probably try and get it at some point. Even though I'm a fan of games, I don't know/remember every little thing about the games like enemy names or all of the dungeons, so it would be nice to have a book full of all that information.

The first chapter is a visual encyclopedia, and will explain keywords like the Master Sword and Hyrule Kingdom with various images. As for the second chapter, it’s a database with a list of enemies, items, dungeons, and more. The third chapter will contain archives, and will give explanatory notes and storylines of each game.

I bet there will be nothing that we can't just look up on Zelda Wiki.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
there's already enough merch and games out there for me to collect smh

Djinn

and Tonic
I'm not entirely sure if it will have anything we have not seen already. I sort of hade the same feeling with the last announcement of the art book. It seems fun at first but Nintendo does not really have amazing archives, never really cares much about deep lore like Squaresoft and never really makes their own tie-in material.

It would be interesting if they did actually write up some more material on things like Clocktown, Shiekah history, what happened to the Gerudo etc. All the stuff that was just left in the dark and never touched upon in the games again. Or the little bits and pieces we only get from developer interviews like the kokiri just wander off and disappear thing from a few years back. But I am not exactly hopeful for that in this. If so I would definitely love for it to happen.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'm interested, as I am with all Zelda-related stuffs.

I'll probably pick this up, and I'll probably treat it exactly like I do the Hyrule Historia: a really awesome collectible with some cool art work. The book's content itself is meaningless to me because I refuse to accept Nintendo's Official The Legend of Zelda timelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom