• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule dances

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
So I'm taking these dance lessons (Viennese waltzing, if you must know) and a couple of my friends in the class are huge Zelda nerds. One day, a thought struck me: "I wonder what kind of dances they have in Hyrule?" Because I still have yet to actually SEE someone other than the old music man in OoT (I forget his name) and Bolson (I literally just somehow typed "Byson") doing anything remotely close to dancing. THEN I started pairing the dances we were doing to various species in Hyrule, so I'd be interested to know what kind of dances you think the different races would have as traditional ones, or at least something similar.

(For the record, my point of reference for this is BotW.)
I could totally see Viennese waltzing as a thing that the upper-class Hylians would do pre-Calamity. That's where this started actually. Just picture Link in a tux dancing with Zelda or something, and then monsters attack and he has to fight IN the tux. (My friends made jokes about "Agent Link," which actually sounds pretty sweet.)
Stuff like the Texas Waltz are TOTALLY something that people would do at stables and whatnot.
I think we can all agree that Zora's should be waltzing in a royal ballroom of some kind.

But I'd like to hear what you guys think on this subject as well.

You know, this sounds remarkably like a script I could use for a YT video... maybe I could make this into one!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
There's also a dancer in Majora's Mask. A few, actually. Idk enough about dance to really answer tho, I could see the BotW or TP Hyrule Castle holding balls and maybe the Sheikah having special dances with combat inspiration or sumn.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
The Sheikah could totally do some Asian inspired dance of some kind. Like Dragon dances with like, the three dragons from BotW or something? Or maybe Hateno Village.

The Gorons dance in the oracle games. There's a whole multi-generational dance competition.

I always found a real charm to the dancing couple and lively atmosphere of Hyrule castle town in OoT. And it's even carried over a little in Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

There's this missed opportunity for a Renaissance atmosphere to cities in Zelda (of course we've not gotten a big city in a long while).

Singing groups, dancing or dances, plays, games, a real carnival atmosphere of culture with lots of NPCs to interact with. I want this now.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I think we all know what the best zelda dance was-
OoT Darunia dance

We see gorons dance a couple times between oot and mm, it isn't terribly dignified.
As I recall, Din from Oos was a dancer. I'm not really sure if we ever actually saw her dance, though.
I also really like the dancers in mm after you teach them the new dance. It works really well with the music, my only complaint would be how freaky the dancer's mask is.

Don't forget this masterpiece

Surprise gem at the end is the game over screen (maybe the actors didnt have enough courage to face Ganon) Kappa.

I would have to imagine that because music is so pertinent to Hyrule's history that they would also have dance. The idea of dance could be loosely interpreted and their dances may have been more of sabbath or rituals to worship the Triforce and the golden Goddesses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom