• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Hylian Shield - Optional?

Hey there.

I'm just about to start a minimal run of Twilight Princess and I was wondering - is the Hylian Shield actually required at any point? I know the Malo Mart stocks it fairly early on, but does any part of the game actually require you to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it's optional. Get it anyway, it looks pretty. :bleh:

Yeah, it's entirely optional. If you're doing a glitchless minimal run, good luck; but keep in mind that quite a few items can be skipped using special tricks.

Thanks for the speedy responses, guys. Does this mean shields are totally optional in general after getting the Ordon Shield (i.e. if it burns, do I have to pick up another one?)

I'm doing a glitchless minimal run. Maybe I'll do a glitch-abuse one if this one goes well.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
No shield is ever required to beat the game. Though outside of the Ordon Shield needing to be acquired, it never has to be used.

Last edited:

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
The first time I completed the game I was able to do so with my plain Ordon shield. However, I regret that, and my second time through I got a Hylian shield because it looks so much cooler with it. I was comparing it and it's like: Ordon Shield: Stupid looking - Hylian Shield: Awesome! It's not necessary, but I suggest getting it - it looks more adventure-y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom