• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Crest Theory For SS

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I was playing Wind Waker last night and noticed that the spoils bag contained a collectable called the knight's crest. The description said that every swordsman should know the worth of a crest such as this, and it is obviously a refference to the old knights of hyrule. on the crest was a bird with wings similar in design to all the other symbols of this mysterious bird that is being featured as the SS logo.

So here is my theory, Link desends down to Hyrule and after seeing firsthand how bad things are Link may decide to join up with the Knights of Hyrule for this game! Think about it, it's placed before OoT so it's totally possible that we could run into some of those knights of old. Also Link still has the Hylian Shield a clear sign of the KoH, Hyrule is already in danger and needs protection. and the game box features the crest... A lot of people want to see Link have a new job or something in this Zelda game but i think this would be a really neat idea if Miyamoto decides to let Link join the other Knights in an epic origins story. What do you think?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My thoughts on the bird crest is that it's either a symbol of Skyloft that Hyrule adopted after Link descended, or a symbol created in honor of Link descending from the skies. Either way, I think that's a good idea you have going there about the knights.

Now, we don't have any info as to exactly how long before OoT this story takes place. Hyrule may have already been established, or maybe the kingdom's just getting started. But now that you bring up the KoH, I think that really could happen that we'll meet them. If the game does take place around the founding of Hyrule, we may not join up with the Knights, maybe we'll see the Knights' foundations instead. Think about the Group from TP. Maybe Link meets up with the Knights when they're just a small group of vigilantes or peacekeepers and helps them organize and grow. I personally loved when the Group helped Link out in TP's Hyrule Castle, and I would love to see an expansion of that kind of epic NPC assistance.

But since TP already explored that idea, I'm not sure how likely it is we'll see something quite like that. Doesn't mean Nintendo can't throw something unexpected at us with regards to interactions with people like the Knights. Since SS seems likely to be geared as a mass origins story I wouldn't be surprised if we did meet up with the Knights and a bunch of other historical things mentioned in other games. It would make perfect sense to use the Knights as a way of explaining the use of the bird symbol in Hyrule for example. If Link did have a major role among the Knights in their early stages, the symbol would easily be adopted, and in any kingdom's roots the protectors and warriors have a major influence, allowing the Knights to spread the symbol.

Not sure how likely Nintendo is going to put this much thought into the plot, as plot tends to take second priority with them, but I would love to see it happen.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I love the idea of Link fighting along with some Hylian knights.
It reminds me of this awesome picture:

content

It would indeed be amazing.
:)

Valexi...that picture is awesome...

I would love the idea of link teaming up and leading the assault against the evil forces to banish all evil and seal it forever. Now maybe what happens is that link lands in hyrule for the first time and he lands smack into the middle of a small battle, maybe 20 moblins or whatever zelda enemy against some hylian knights (maybe 3) and you go and make short work of them...then there all like "wow your awesome! you saved us!" "come with us to our battle camp" or comments like that.

Skip forward a couple of temples/battles etc. and you have gathered allegences of the goron, and other tribes/cultures and with their help you attack the baddies castle. later as your troops are closing in on the keep an ambush from all sides impedes you and your troops from going any further, then you are told by the commanding officer to leave them and defeat (insert evil name here) then you go into the keep to decide the fate of hyrule........

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I was playing Wind Waker last night and noticed that the spoils bag contained a collectable called the knight's crest. The description said that every swordsman should know the worth of a crest such as this, and it is obviously a refference to the old knights of hyrule.

Actually, I thought the description was a clue of who you should show them to (Orca is the swordsman). Of course, later on in the game, this clue becomes useless as there is a mail saying show the kights crests to orca.

But I think that Link is the time of guy who does stuff alone, he's a hero after all.

AaronX

One who sits
What if Link is the creator of The Knights of Hyrule? I think it'd be awesome if that happened, and the bird thing could just be, like, his family crest or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom