• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How would Bullet Time work in Multiplayer?

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
keep in mind that this is going off the assumption that Zelda will be playable.
i hope that they put in the effort to rework it differently from Age of Calamity, as it is really wonky in multiplayer.
let's assess all 3 occurrences of Bullet Time.
1. Shield Parry
now, this would be very easy to rework. the slow-down effect seen when parrying an attack can easily be removed, as it plays no part in the actual parry.
2. Flurry Rush
i think that the only way to make this really work is to deliver one huge blow instead of multiple attacks or cut it altogether. of course, the blow multiplier would vary depending on what weapon used. x8 for one-handed weapons, x10 for spears and x4 for two-handed weapons. doing so would allow it to keep it's previous strength, but avoid this issue.
3. Bullet Time
this would definitely be the hardest to rework. the only thing that comes to mind is a hands-free paraglider, allowing you to fire arrows whilst flying.

lastly, Zelda wouldn't be able to use Bullet time. to balance it, they'd have to give her some sort of special buff to her, like using her magic to boost her power.

do any of you have any ideas of how it would work? please reply with your ideas.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
All of this can be easily reworked:

Whether it's in split-screen mode or two devices mode, they can just only slow it down for that player, while the game proceeds at a normal speed for the other.
No, that wouldn't work. The user that's not being slowed down would get ahead of the user that is being slowed down. If someone, say, used a bow while on the paraglider, it would have to slow down the entire game, no matter what the 2nd player is doing.

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
No, that wouldn't work. The user that's not being slowed down would get ahead of the user that is being slowed down. If someone, say, used a bow while on the paraglider, it would have to slow down the entire game, no matter what the 2nd player is doing.
i think he means to slow down only the player, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of bullet time.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
No, it'd slow the surroundings and all that, but the other player would be free to do anything - which means all enemies would be frozen, the other player would be slowed down, but the second player can hit enemies as if it was flurry rush or something.
Oooh, I missed your point. That would make for some really fun combat co-op opportunities.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I can kinda see that working. The player flurry rushing and the enemy being flurry rushed both slow down, while the other player and enemies move at normal speed. It would look odd from another player's perspective, but could still keep the function there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom