• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How was your 2017?

How was your 2017?

January to February- Starting off the year with Zeldathon was good. Both months were decent nothing really happened other than me working.

March- March was the best month of the year for me and it had to do with the greatest Zelda game of all time Breath of the Wild. It gave me a video game experience i've never had before. It amazed me how it had the Zelda series return to its roots yet made it feel new a fresh. The Zelda series was finally moving forward for the first time in years. I loved walking around looking at the games scenery going through the Shrines and collecting things. I spent most of my time in the game climbing to high places and staring at the beautiful scenery. In some ways it felt like the artwork of the first 3 Zelda games come to life. Also the Akkala region gets a special shout out as it's the most beautiful region in the game for me second to the Hateno region.

April to May- After the Breath of the Wild hype wore off my Anxiety and depression got worst and it was a struggle to get through the work days. One of the people who I connected with the most there left to start a new job and my cousin got fired a few weeks later. I felt pretty alone there for a while. At least Roseanne was confirmed to be coming back for a 10th season during that time lol.

June to August- The summer months were difficult with the heat. Dealing with all the mandatory overtime and not getting much sleep. I had a panic attack and broke down in the bathroom one day over the summer. August we got new hires and it worsened my anxiety because my job had a hiring freeze over the summer and I got used to the people I worked with. As used to people as I can get witch takes a while for me and dealing with a influx of new people was hard and still kind of is. The summer had it bright spots though like BOTW and I got a PS4 and a few games. N. Sane Trilogy was my favorite among them. Also I spent the summer watching the first 7 seasons of Shameless on Netflix.

September to October- This is when I started feeling a bit more better and somewhat more confident. I still had a lot of struggles with work and struggling with errors because I felt like I was being rushed with the workloads. I got my Switch in September with BOTW and started my second playthrough with that game and rediscovered the game I got Super Mario Odyssey a month later. On October 31st I hit the one year mark at my job and I was happy to know I made it a year after thinking I'd last a few weeks at most.

November to December- Still had family problems like I had throughout the year. I got more a few more switch games during those months. Things got better error wise at my job during that period. Still had minor panic attacks. The champions Ballad came out and I spent the weekend it came out beating it. It was a little disappointing but that had to do with the expectations I had for it. I still very much enjoyed it. It gave be 12 more hours with an amazing game. December 26th is when our bird died after we had her for 15 years. Was kind nervous a sad for a few days. I ending the year beating the final boss of BOTW one more time and ending the year with with over 334 hours in BOTW between the Wii U and Switch verisons. I officially ended one of the crappiest year if my life with Zeldathon.

Thank you for reading. I know i'm not the best writer but I tried my best. Wanted to get a bit more in depth about the things that happen around the world but I decided not to. For the most part it just made 2017 even more worse. The best month for me was March the worst was May. Looking forward to reading your responses.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It's been a very mixed year for me. Financially it was challenging with a bunch of appliances breaking down on me and other costs piling up. It looked pretty impossible when I summed it all up, but I did manage, though somewhat depleted my savings in the process. This was also the year where I had to get a new flatmate, and then replace that flatmate when it didn't work out - though thankfully the person moving in ended up fitting in perfectly, and I finally have the living situation I really wanted to have. This was also the year where I finally, after a lot of worrying, managed to secure myself a permanent night position, something I've been wanting for the past 6 years working there.

As a geek year, this has been a high point. I'm once again excited about video gaming in general, with BotW and Odyssey becoming my new favourite Zelda and Mario games, and I actually pay attention to game releases in general, which is something I didn't use to do. It's also been a great boardgaming year for me, with some really great new releases (including my new favourite game overall), as well as being the year where I finally went to Essen Spiel. It's also the year where a woman finally got cast as the Doctor, and I really enjoyed both the new Doctor Who and Game of Thrones seasons (and finally, FINALLY I can watch HBO Nordic on my tv without having to plug in my laptop).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom