• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How often do you try something new at a restaurant?

thread title

• Never / once in a blue moon

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Every now and then

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • More often than not

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Just about always

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Say you go to a new restaurant or one that has items on the menu that you're not too familiar with. Are you likely to order something new to you? Or do you usually play it safe and order something you're most likely going to like?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I don't really go out and eat much, and usually when I do it's just fast food because a. there's nothing at home at the moment, or b. we're traveling. And with fast food...I always order the same thing, pfft. If it's a burger joint, chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce. If it's subway or something similar I'll get a veggie sub always without fail.

Dine-in restaurants...I'll get whatever looks most familiar to me. There's a ton of mexican restaurants in town and I'll get a taco salad or a quesadilla 99% of the time, or if there's a veggie option I'll get that. Not really the type to get something I'm not familiar with. So yeah, new restaurant, new menu, first thing I do is look for food I've had before, something that's similar, or has ingredients I know I like.

I definitely tend to stick to the dishes I like.

So I'll say not very often. Maybe once every two years I'll branch out.

Few feelings are worse than ordering something you haven't tried that seems appealing only to find out it doesn't suit your taste buds.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I like variety, so I'm a fan of trying new things so long as they sound good. I will sometimes settle on getting the same thing or handful of things at certain restaurants, but I do like to branch out more often than not when there are interesting options available.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I don't get something new too often, but I do often enough to pick every now and then. I'd rather try something once to see if I'll like it instead of never knowing. Depends on the situation though. If I'm not going to have an opportunity to eat again later on in case I end up disliking something so much that I can't eat it, I stick with items I know I'll like.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've been going out to eat a lot lately, and whether I try something new or not has been about a 50/50 chance. Some places that just opened recently, I've been to several times to try something different on their menu that appealed to me. Other times I just want something I know I'll like and I'll go for the old faithful. But usually if I'm trying something new, I'm already going there with that intention.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Almost never.
I have a problem with trying new foods, because 95% of the time I either dislike it, or just don't care for it. I don't want it to be that way, so I do taste new things from time to time, but my taste buds generally say "Nah bro, not for us". So if I'm at a restaurant it'd be an absolute nightmare if I couldn't finish the meal I ordered, cause it'd feel like an insult to them.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I've been going out to eat a lot lately, and whether I try something new or not has been about a 50/50 chance. Some places that just opened recently, I've been to several times to try something different on their menu that appealed to me. Other times I just want something I know I'll like and I'll go for the old faithful. But usually if I'm trying something new, I'm already going there with that intention.
But what if its got cheese!?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I tend to be a creature not habit. I settle on something I like and tend to stick with it. Heck, I'm such a dull creature of habit that I will seek out a restaurant's menu before I get there so I can order right away without having to waste the server's time.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
So like. I wanna taste the whole menu, hence I buy something different whenever I go somewhere. Last time I tried Chicken fried rice from a shop and Chicken biryani the before that. This weekend I wanna go to my suburb and try their parotta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom