• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Much Change Are You Anticipating?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I know it may seem far away, but I can't help but think how Zelda Wii U will play out. Of course it is nice to hear rumours, and we have even had an influx of information from the gaming events as of late, so my interest is certainly increased.

One thing that stood out to me was the recent discussions on how this game would be "reinventing" itself, so to say. Now we've heard some of this before, but I feel Nintendo are really focused on it this time, which makes me believe that Zelda Wii U will feature some big changes.

What about you though? How much change are you expecting?

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
The two conventions to break out of were, 'Complete dungeons in a certain order' and 'Play by yourself'.

I'm not expecting much in it being multiplayer as I can't see it being that successful, FSA sold very little (though that was due to the need of 2 consoles to actually play it). However I can see a multiplayer - possibly online - mode being an added thing that is away from the main game, like the multiplayer games in the DS titles.

However, for the game to be less linear I am hoping there will be a lot of change. Making your own way through the game and choosing your own personalised path will be great.
How much change will actually happen though...who knows? It may just be these two things or could be loads more. All we know for definite is changes in gameplay and graphics - which both come with the new hardware.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I want a lot of change. But how much do I realistically see happening?

I'm still torn, really, I can't really come to a conclusion I really feel. Some good things have been said though. Aonuma's said his biggest inspiration recently has been Skyrim, and there's not a more organic, natural experience than that, as well as saying he'd be straying from the typical and monotonous Zelda formula Nintendo have been bashing out for a while now. But, I don't have much faith in Nintendo to change unfortunately, and I hate being put in that situation but that's where I am. I trust them to deliver a very fun experience, like they always do, but, I don't expect an exciting, radically different Zelda. I would love for Nintendo to prove me wrong, and I hope they do change it around. I'd want a game that could stand up beside Witcher 3, and I'm leaning to Nintendo not delivering that one.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
We'll definitely see the same degree in change we saw between the N64 generation and GCN generation hardware/technical wise, this side of the game was bumped up a bit while the core of the game stayed the same. We'll most likely see new gameplay mechanics too because of the way the WiiU is designed. My personal guess would also be that they are going to switch up some of the core too, story formula (this particular one just hopes & dreams) and how we simply play the game. Just like SS had introduced the motion controls I think ZeldaU will have something similar, not motion controls in particular, but a mechanic unique to the console.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I see change in the Zelda as being the most minor things that fully irritate someone. Honestly, stuff like Skyward Sword's combat, Wind Waker's graphics, and Twilight Princess' lack of difficulty aren't true game breakers. The reason I say this is because the games still breathe "Zelda" (yes, even SS does no matter how much I say it should've been a new IP ;p). It's just...the games are different purely for the sake of being different. When fans ask for change, they want solid, large degree change. Not these minor things like touch controls, large scale linearity etc.

With that in mind, I take the two conventions being broken with a grain of salt. I don't expect OoT2 out of ZeldaU (though the thought is just hnnnng worthy). I expect really small changes that irritate some people, and engross others. Changing HOW you play Zelda, not WHAT you're playing.

The multiplayer bit will almost completely be a Tingle Bottle-like feature. I don't see the devs messing with true multiplayer Zelda at all. yadig namsayin.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Well, I'm obviously not hoping Zelda (The franchise, not character :P) gets a whole new facelift to the point that we can no longer call it that. I still want to recognize it as Zelda for reasons other than that it simply has the characters and the Master Sword. It should still feel like Zelda, you know? Still have the array of items and weapons, Still have the creative dungeons and puzzles and everything that fundamentally makes Zelda Zelda. I'm anticipating tweaks in the combat to make it unique and stand out among other games (Maybe something like the hidden skills in TP but more) and probably major differences in the story development (Maybe my prayers for Zelda to be more involved will be answered? At least don't give me another TP Zelda, please.) I do hope, however, that they decide to keep the dash mechanic and climbing abilities from SS--they made both running and climbing so much less tedious.

Oh and bring back that fancy-shmancy sheathing thing Link does in TP. That was a bucket full of awesome.

Cromishe

Arin Hanson's used napkin
well nintendo being who they are, they might not add so much change as we may hope for. But I do hope they change a couple things, I dont really know what type of change they will do to the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom