• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes How many of you are actually excited for Triforce Heroes?

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
I'm curious about how many of you are excited for Triforce Heroes and think that it would make a great addition to the Zelda series.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
While I don't think it'll be a "great" game in the franchise, I do firmly believe that it is going to end up being a fun game that I can pick up and play with or without friends and enjoy myself while doing it. Am I excited for it? Yes and no. I'm not exactly hyped about it, but I am looking forward to playing it. I do think it'll end up being a good game.

Well i have no one to play it with so i'll have to hope that the single player AI is intuitive enough.

Not too excited though, even if i had friends to play it with it wasn't the kind of Zelda game i wanted, I still dont know if it has an overworld or not, probably not. So that's going to cut down a lot of replay value and fun for me since i don't like crawling through dungeons in Zelda.

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
Well i have no one to play it with so i'll have to hope that the single player AI is intuitive enough.

Not too excited though, even if i had friends to play it with it wasn't the kind of Zelda game i wanted, I still dont know if it has an overworld or not, probably not. So that's going to cut down a lot of replay value and fun for me since i don't like crawling through dungeons in Zelda.
Yeah, the biggest problem for me is the lack of an overworld. Hopefully the Temples are good and have a lot of replay value since I don't mind dungeon crawling.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I am, but as much as I was for TP, PH, ST, SS, ALBW, and HW to be honest. Though, if my any of my theories for the game prove to be true, then I will probably be more excited.

New here guys!

I won't lie - I'm really not too fussed about this game. It feels like a spin off to buy time until Zelda Wii U comes out.

I'm sure it will be fun but I don't think it's gonna be anything stand out, special.

I am less excited for this game than I am for Federation Force.
This game feels like a Four Swords rip off. Totally not my thing. It will be a good enough game though. Just totally not my thing. I am sure others will love it, as it does have some good points.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'm looking forward to it as I really enjoyed playing both FS and FSA with my family.
Since I mainly played FS with my brothers Purple Link was an extra the majority of the time.
The lack of purple doesn't even phase me much.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I'm really excited to finally play a Zelda game with friends, I was never able to with Four Swords. I like that it carries over ALBW's art style since that is my favorite game. I think the choice to only have three heroes is interesting and I can't wait to find out what connection they have to the triforce if any.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
New here guys!

I won't lie - I'm really not too fussed about this game. It feels like a spin off to buy time until Zelda Wii U comes out.

I'm sure it will be fun but I don't think it's gonna be anything stand out, special.

It's confirmed that it's not a spinoff. Also, welcome to the site! :)

I am less excited for this game than I am for Federation Force.
This game feels like a Four Swords rip off. Totally not my thing. It will be a good enough game though. Just totally not my thing. I am sure others will love it, as it does have some good points.

Okay, how the hell are you more excited for Federation Force than TFH??? Have you SEEN Federation Force? It's NOT even a real Metroid game! The game doesn't even feature Samus! Like WTH!? At least TFH is actually a real Zelda game AND features Link!

My only real problems with TFH though are:

1) The weird plot based around. Though, I have my dream theory to help me cope with that. Hopefully my dream theory gets confirmed true in some kind of way.

2) Link is without a shield this time. Like, after awhile, from watching the gameplay and looking the artwork, I was like "Omg! Where the heck is Link's Shield!?", seriously.

3) There's no overworld map! Though, I think Shikata probably just meant that won't be an explorable overworld. I can imagine that in Single Player mode only, we'll probably get to see some kind of map of the world like in FS and FSA, just so we can get a look at what the kingdom in the game looks like. And of course in multiplayer mode, the map will be absent.

Now Federation Force on the other hand, the are more flaws with that game than TFH:

1) Samus is NOT even in the game!!!!

2) You play as a group of Federation nobodies who no-one cares about!

3) The game is MULTIPLAYER ONLY!!!!

4) The game is viewed to be SLOWER paced than past Metroid games!

5) The game is trying to more focused as a shooter game and rather than an exploration game.

6) The game isn't even a real Metroid game! It doesn't even stay true to the same conventions that make a Metroid game Metroid game. It is too far apart from what made Metroid so special in the first place.

My point is TFH is better than Federation Force.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I'm not excited about it. I'm sure I will still get it. But like others have mentioned I don't have anyone to play it with. So here is hoping that the single play holds up as well as the Four Swords Anniversary release did. With the download play I may have a better chance of having someone to to play with, though I don't even know anyone with a 3DS.

But considering; like other four swords games, that this is not an actual Zelda game, and just a game full of short play trials. I doubt I will ever be very excited or impressed by it. It seems like just a goofy game thrown together to hold Zelda fans over till the Wii U title.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure this will be a fun game. I guess I would be more excited if I had some friends that still cared about Nintendo instead of other systems with more mature games, or even if my daughter was a little older. However I have still been collecting games in anticipation for when she is old enough to play. Which is mainly why I decided to get the new Nintendo hardware, for kid friendly games.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The 3DS has a rather barren second half of the year. I still have quite a bit left to do in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, so I definitely have more than enough for my portable fix for the rest of the year. I'm really excited for a Zelda game that has online cooperative and competitive play. I've been waiting for this for years.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I'm really excited for a Zelda game that has online cooperative and competitive play. I've been waiting for this for years.

This is the main reason I feel that I am not bothered by a semi-multiplayer only Zelda game. Cuz even thought I won't really get to play it the way it is designed, I can gan stand behind a title like Tri Force Hero's and the Four Swords game. A good bit of played have been looking forward to a way to play a Zelda game with friends and online. And since multiplayer (the way i see it) just would not work in a traditional Zelda game, these short play trial like level based games are a good way to include friends in a game like Zelda. So kudos to them.

Okay, how the hell are you more excited for Federation Force than TFH??? Have you SEEN Federation Force? It's NOT even a real Metroid game! The game doesn't even feature Samus! Like WTH!? At least TFH is actually a real Zelda game AND features Link!
Easy. Triforce heroes is just a dungeon crawler. Basically stages with no proper overworld, no side quests, few interesting characters to neet etc etc. Just like Four Swords Adventures it's just a selection of stages/dingeons you'll do one after the after. Sure if you loved Four Swords Adventures, then Triforce Heroes is right up you alley. But if you want anything like a traditional Zelda game, Triforce Heroes will not deliver this for you. I am saying Triforce Heroes is not a mainstream Zelda game. It's not even close to one. But Triforce Heroes is unapologetically so. The game does not pretend to be a mainstrem Zelda in any way.

Four Swords and Triforce Heroes are really a series of Zelda spinoff games. Triforce Heroes is as much a Zelda game as Hyrulek Warriors is. In name only. Most of the game itself is totally different. Having more than one Link for a start is a massive departure from a Traditional Zelda game. You've all seen the Triforce Heroes trailer so you know what I am talking about. Triforce Heroes is just a sequel to Four Swords in the type of game it is. And it's a game type I really never fell for. There's just not enough new ideas for me to make this a good game (the costumes aside, they look cool and also look totally out of place in any trtaditional Zelda game).

Federation Force on the other hand just looks like a multiplayer Metroid game. With you playing an unnamed avatar instead of Samus, that's all. The game still looks like a Metroid game.

I know many people can't handle the fact I am not hating on Federation Force. I am giving Federation Force a chance to prove itself. I will not pre-judge it. Triforce Heroes on the other hand does feel like a Four Swords rip off. But this does not mean it will not be fun and does not mean it will unfun. It just means if you lived FSA, then you'll love TH. But if you hated FSA, then steerclear of TH as it's much of the same thing, mutiple Links doing stages in a game with no overworld to explore and find secrets in.

Okay, how the hell are you more excited for Federation Force than TFH???
Very easily. At least Federation Force is something new. The only thing that I didn't like about Federation Force was the graphics. Everything else about to me looked sound (if you understand the game's target audience). Triforce Heroes looks just like a FSA clone that is only made to old the Zelda fans over till ZeldaU is released. I know it's 3DS and not WiiU but a lot of people own both systems.

I have my opinion as we all do and we're all allowed to share it. Freedon of speech and all. If you don't like the fact that I don't hate Federation Force like everyone else, feel free to keep hating on my opinion. You will not change my opinion. When Federation Force is talked about mroe by Nintendo and eventually released, I'll reassess my opinion on it, but for the time being I like most of what I see aND will wait and see how good or bad the final product ends up being.

My point is TFH is better than Federation Force.
This is your OPINION. We all have our differing opinions. And that's cool. If everyone had the same opinions, the world would be so dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom