• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many hours do you work and is it enough?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Usually about 40 hours a week. If I go beyond that then it's just me waiting in a truck for paperwork to be completed for whatever trailer I'm hauling that day, and that just means more time on my Steam Deck.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
It really depends. As part of my PhD, I was a research and teaching assistant previously, so I'd say I actually worked 25-30 hours a week on top of taking my classes. Now that I'm a research assistant only, I had a bit of a lighter summer with 15-20 hour weeks and now I'm looking at multiple packed 40-50 hour weeks for a month or two.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Been hitting about 40 hours a week, as my boss won't allow me overtime. No, it's not enough. I get paid MORE than average for my job, but it's still pitifully small for the amount of work we all do. It's not a living wage. None of it is, as they know it. My bosses even recently gave us a raise, & it's still not enough with rent & utilities. I count myself lucky in that I pay far less than most people, but even my rent being as low as it is, I barely have scraped by for the last 7 years or so & live paycheck to paycheck. I haven't known any other way, & it already took me a year to even get THIS seasonal job with how bad the market is. Everything is fake job listings, or lies, or abusive bosses, I've seen it all.

Edit: Okay, so apparently this last week I worked almost 70 hours. It is still not enough for my rent & utilities, heehoo.

Last edited:
The Last of Us (10/10)

Wow. A 2 hour pilot to start this show off and it does not disappoint.

I have never played the game although I have heard about it.

This has the ability to become the best show I've ever seen based on this first episode.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Last of Us (10/10)

Wow. A 2 hour pilot to start this show off and it does not disappoint.

I have never played the game although I have heard about it.

This has the ability to become the best show I've ever seen based on this first episode.
I think you're in the wrong thread ;) This is about how many hours people work

My average is about 43 hours a week. All paid for. Usually start at 8:15-8:30am, half hour unpaid for lunch and leave between 5 and 6pm. I went through a period of about 3 years when I was doing 6 days a week (50 hrs/week on average) which was killing me so now I work less and rest and play more!

- beautiful sceneries
- excellent 3d effects
- good quotes
- a lot of philosophical wisdom integrated (life, family, love)
- takes >3 hours

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
40 a week, 6-2:30, generally Monday thru fri, I'll take any overtime they allow me though. It would be nice if they could schedule me 10 hour days instead, I like my job and I've got nothing better to do anyways.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
ZD Champion
Forum Volunteer
I'm doing 24 hour weeks rn, full days on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, Monday and Wednesday are spent at college doing class stuff. Workload wise, yeah I'm pretty happy with all I've got going on, work-life balance and all that. Moneywise, ehh not so much, butnot much else I can do, I guess I could pick up a side hustle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom