• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Have You Stayed Up?

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
I once went 5 days without sleep, but one day i just collapsed on my desk and my teacher woke me up and made me answer the question on the board. i was asleep and no idea what the question was cause my glasses were in my desk and she wouldn't let me put them on, so i said "i dunno." she made me stay in for recess and scrub the drool off my desk.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Hm. The longest time I stayed up was either one of two events. The first of which was when I was playing OoT for the first time, I had just gotten the Master Sword, explored almost all of the Adult overworld, and played through the Forest Temple. I had stayed up so late, that I actually didn't remember much of the Forest Temple until I replayed OoT; I probably did other things after that, but I had definitely been playing for over 24 hours.

The second of which was definitely one time raiding in WoW, and we were doing an achievement that required that no one in the raid die throughout the entire dungeon (which was quite a feat). For those of you that aren't familiar with WoW, I'll just say that this is a very difficult thing to do that required flawless teamwork, execution, and focus; needless to say, it was a lot of pressure. Funny thing is, though, that this isn't why I stayed up; I got nervous that I would make a mistake, so I took some extra medication for ADHD, because I was paranoid that I'd screw up. However, I'd already taken my dosage for that day, but I took more to try and ensure I'd stay focused. For those of you that don't know, a common prescription for ADHD contains methamphetamines, which increase alertness and increase your heart rate. Methamphetamines, when taken by people without being prescribed, will exacerbate these side effects incredibly, creating the drug with the street name "speed." In people with ADHD, it requires a large quantity of methamphetamine to be dangerous; unfortunately, that's what I had taken.

Ironically, I ended up missing the raid altogether because I had to be rushed to the hospital because my heart rate was out of control. If I recall correctly, my heart rate was somewhere over 200; when your heart rate reaches 300, your heart has a very high chance of failing (often by exploding, at such a high heart rate). Feel free to correct the numbers if you know more about this than I do. Regardless, I OD'd in the hopes that I wouldn't fail my friends by making a mistake in the raid, but I ended up missing the raid altogether.

Anyway, I returned from the hospital the next morning at around 5:00 am, after being told that I was just under a dangerous level of ingestion. Dueto the extra alertness provided by the medication, I was up until around noon because I couldn't fall asleep (literally).

The good news in all this was that I found out the next day that my buddies went on the raid without me and successfully completed the achievement.:facepalm:
Well, now I'm certainly wiser on the matter. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom