• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How long do you take to get ready in the mornings?

I usually wake up an hour before I need to go somewhere, but probably could reduce that to about 30 minutes if I felt like sleeping in for a bit longer.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Around 15 minutes. Though I'm only actually counting "getting ready" as putting on clothes, grabbing my stuff and walking out the door. I wake up at 0600 to exercise. I get back, shower, eat breakfast, look over my study notes, do the dishes, walk the dog, brush my teeth and then "get ready". I leave the apartment around 0900, so I guess technically I take 3 hours.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
At dayshifts I'll get up around 5am and immidiatly start to get dressed and the whole ritual, I'll eat something and then I brush my teeth when I'm finished. So the whole ritual itself takes me 10-15 min. But the time I got from getting up and leaving the door is 1 hour.

Mido

Version 1
I would say about 15 minutes as a general rule. 10 of those minutes are mostly dedicated to me rationalizing that the day has started, and the other 5 of actual preparation.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If I have to be ready for university I set my alarm for two hours before I need to be there. I hit the snooze button several times before I finally get up and make a mixing bowl of porridge which I then stare at it for 15 mins because I am not hungry until I have had my first meal. I then look at the time ticking away which prompts me to eat them down and drink a protein shake. I'll shower for 20 minutes or so and clean my teeth during the shower. Then I'll get dressed and then create the slickest pompadour in town. After applying some cologne I am then ready to leave the house.

Dan

10 minutes or less, although people taking a huge time to get ready isn't exactly exclusive to the mornings. The amount of time some people take to get ready for some night or even a trip to a pub can be phenomenal, why does it take one hour just to grab your wallet and put your shoes on!?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Well this morning I fell back asleep after my alarm went off, so I found out that if I try hard enough, I can manage to be out the door in 10 minutes. :P Generally speaking though, I wake up an hour before having to go anywhere. That way I can lay in bed for a bit after my alarm, and still have enough time to get dressed, brush my teeth, do something with my hair, and then get a quick bite before leaving.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Since I take the bus to school, I try to make sure I'm up 2 hours before class starts. That way I can get up, get a shower, grab a quick bite, organize my stuff for the day, and then get down to the bus stop at least an hour before class starts to ensure that I'm there on time (because buses can sometimes be early, in which case I miss it if I'm just on time). It doesn't quite take me an hour to get ready to go so I usually snooze my alarm for 15 minutes or so and then I have 45 minutes to get ready, which is plenty of time.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Honestly, I like to take one of those naked-nude-long-showers, so pretty much an hour at this point basically you know, yeah exactly... Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom