• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is TP Link Related to OoT/MM Link?

EDIT: Can someone please just answer the question!? We've already established that all Links are related by blood, but how can TP Link be related to MM Link if he died alone in the Lost Woods as a Stalfos?
/edit

WW Link wasn't related to OoT Link because WW is on the Adult Timeline and OoT Link doesn't exist in the AT because Princess Zelda sent him back in time, right? But OoT/MM Link never reproduced because he went into the Lost Woods looking for Navi when he was still a kid, then he turned into a Stalfos and died alone. So if TP takes place after OoT and MM on the Child Timeline, how is he related?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Now, I'd say they're related by blood (someway or somehow), but the best way for me to say they're related is that they're both heroes of Hyrule.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We don't know if OoT Link died a Stalfos or not, I'll say that.

Yes we do. Common sense says if he died as a Stalfos then there's no way he could have any descendants.

Second, it was never confirmed if TP Link was blood related to OoT Link or not. The whole "my child" quotes and what not cannot be taken to mean "blood relation", as OoT/TP Link are both heroes, and it could be said that TP Link is the 'descendant' of OoT Link as they're both heroes.

Hyrule Historia confirmed that they're related by blood.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes we do. Common sense says if he died as a Stalfos then there's no way he could have any descendants.
Hyrule Historia confirmed that they're related by blood.
Or...he could've just not had a wife. Celibacy.

Link me please.

We don't know if OoT Link died a Stalfos or not, I'll say that.
Second, it was never confirmed if TP Link was blood related to OoT Link or not. The whole "my child" quotes and what not cannot be taken to mean "blood relation", as OoT/TP Link are both heroes, and it could be said that TP Link is the 'descendant' of OoT Link as they're both heroes.

Now, I'd say they're related by blood (someway or somehow), but the best way for me to say they're related is that they're both heroes of Hyrule.

Found this in the Hyrule Historia: "While looking for a way to overthrow Zant, Midna encountered a youth who turned into a beast in the Twilight. This young man from Ordon Village was Link, a descendant of the Hero of Time himself."

And there is only one "hero of time" which makes me believe that is a blood relation.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Found this in the Hyrule Historia: "While looking for a way to overthrow Zant, Midna encountered a youth who turned into a beast in the Twilight. This young man from Ordon Village was Link, a descendant of the Hero of Time himself."

And there is only one "hero of time" which makes me believe that is a blood relation.

"Believe"? That quote is undeniable proof.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Keep in mind this is a fan translation that may/may not be 100% correct, and add in the fact that descendant doesn't always mean blood. It is fair to assume as much, but unless Nintendo themselves confirms (has confirmed?), I'm not buying it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I wouldn't necessarily say that child Link died in the Lost Woods. The teleport songs worked as a child too, so all Link had to do was play one of them and he would be out of the Lost Woods. Afterwards, he lived his life and had offspring.

I wouldn't necessarily say that child Link died in the Lost Woods. The teleport songs worked as a child too, so all Link had to do was play one of them and he would be out of the Lost Woods. Afterwards, he lived his life and had offspring.
If child link died in the forest as a child then TP wouldn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom