• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Has Winter Break Affected Your Sleeping?

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
My nighttime resting habits have been all kinds of weird. It first started to make sudden changes after school kicked everyone out for a couple weeks. I was fluctuating from 6-8 hours for the first few days. I would wake up for a few minutes just to be knocked back out over and over and over again. Then there was the strange midnight to 2 pm session that I pulled. How does anyone sleep for fourteen hours? Now awakening is at 9 am, but my internal timer is set for 6 hours, so I can stay up until around 3 hours past midnight.

School is going to destroy me on Wednesday...

(Taylor Swift just began singing Eyes Open on Pandora. This isn't good.)

Clank

Hmm
To put it simply, last night I slept from 6am-6pm...

Good thing classes don't start till like the 21st or something.

Fig

The Altruist
Yes! Thank you for making this thread! :xd: Boy do I have an answer for you! For the most part I tend to be sleep-deprived throughout the year and the Winter season is no exception. In fact, during the Winter I tend to stay awake for days before I suffer from my consequences from not sleeping such as passing out randomly. :xd: I don't know why but I just stay up for 3-5 days every week during the Winter. One huge factor is the loss of my father ten years ago and every anniversary I plan for days figuring out how should I honor my father. Another huge factor why I stay up is due to the fact of video games I want to complete or improve on my meta game in competitive games such as Smash and Pokemon. One last factor is that I love to be online and on the internet! I just love being online and do lots of things that help calm me down throughout the day! :) This year gave me the least amount of sleep I have gained with roughly around 30 hours I have slept in total since the month of December began! :xd: In the end, I don't mind having enough sleep because I love being active as much as I can as it allows me to build-up my self-esteem, courage, and strength of my body even though it doesn't seem like it should! :xd:

Planning my vacation hours so that I could have a long Christmas holiday is not such a hot idea now that I'm looking back on it. My sleeping patterns were completely messed up; I can't afford to stay up until 1 AM any more, not when I need to get up at 5! I was an absolute zombie on my first day back at work. I need to fix this (and I should have been in bed... two hours ago)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
People never should underestimate sleep. Sleep is not something you should easily forget to do or force away from you. There is a reason why people need sleep. No mattern how much you want to do and how annoying you find to get to bed and gain some sleep but it is very important. Your body gets tired and needs a rest and what about your mental health? Sleep is so good in so many ways.
I sleep long. I can easily sleep for 10+ hours. And with these dark days I don't mind sleeping long as long as I feel well and good enough to do things the minute I wake up

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Winter break hasn't affected my sleeping patterns at all. See, I have established a wonderful thing called Sleep Exaltation. It is simply a sleeping pattern that allows one to maximize on resting without taking exogenous amoutns of time out of one's day for pure sleep. It also manipulates how much work one puts into their day (see: physics of Work).

Sheik

:the:
For the past week or so I've been going to bed at around 2AM. Last night I decided I should go to sleep earler, seeing as school begins... tomorrow... but I wasn't able to fall asleep until around 3. And school begins tomorrow. I'm screwed.

I usually get 7 hours of sleep. This break, however, has resulted in me getting 10 hours a night and going to bed at 5 AM (since I slept so long the night before) this is getting problematic. School's gonna destroy me tomorrow.

I've always been the kind of person that doesn't take to not getting enough sleep well. I've always been confused when people can get 4-5 hours every night for a week, and still be properly functioning at the end of it. Exam week is the only time I've ever had such minimal amounts, and that's just because I drink energy drinks like crazy on those nights. Naturally though, I really don't like to stay up past 2:30 in the morning. I've just never liked the idea of sleeping the whole day away when I could be doing other things, so sleeping past noon is where I try to draw the line.

I followed that for most of the winter break, but I can feel myself liking sleep more and more now that I'm in college. There were some nights where I'd go to bed around 9:30, 10 at night. I did have the flu for about half of the break, so that might've had something to do with it. Not very worried about having to re-adjust for school though, which starts tomorrow for me.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I generally stay up till about 10:30, maybe 11 on average. I'd stay up later during the breaks but my dad is an ******* and always wakes me up by 7:15 so I need sleep or it'd get ugly.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My sleeping pattern has been pretty messed up lately. I don't usually fall asleep until around 3 AM and I don't wake up until after 11:30 AM. The new semester begins on Jan 13th, so I really need to start getting back into a normal sleeping pattern. All of my classes will be in the afternoon, so I won't need to set an alarm if I can get to sleep earlier. Preferably around midnight.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Like what happens to me every school day off, I woke up ~10:00 AM every day :>

I woke up at ~10:00 AM, despite how late I slept. If I slept at 10:00 PM, I would wake up at 10:00 AM, and if I slept at 3:00 AM, I would still wake up at 10:00 AM. That happens to a lot of people, though. My sleeping times were really late overall (at least to me) throughout all of the Winter Breaks. That was because of stress, though. I adjusted pretty quickly, to the timings of going back to school. I still sleep late when there's a problem. But it seems like things are getting better now :D The only reason I'm tired right now is because I only slept 10 minutes last night as I was finishing up a project I procrastinated on xD

bunny

birb overlord
Winter break really screwed up my sleeping pattern. Not like it was much better before, but it's even worse now. Going to bed at midnight would be going to bed early for me. That's usually about when I go to bed, but these past few weeks I've been staying up until 3 AM. Last night I tried to go to sleep at 1 AM but ended up laying there for an hour or so. I'm just gonna start going to bed earlier and hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom